Sea & Sea MX10 parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ex outlaw

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone, A friend recently gave me a mx10 35mm camera that the have outgrown. I'm new to u/w photography and have heard that this set-up (mx--10/ys-40a) is a good starter unit. Can anyone tell me where to find spare parts,namely o-rings for this camera? I bought the book (the new guide to sea & sea) and am learning a lot about the u/w photography world. But i am having trouble finding o-rings for this camera. Thanks to all.

Keep looking. A lot of dive shops carried that camera and may still have some O-rings. My LDS use to have them, it will be a week or so before I can drop by but I will ask next time I am in. If your camera still has one that looks good, you may still be able to use it. As a last resort, a local or online Oring dealer may be able to come up with something that would work. I have a couple that I can measure if you need the size.

Well the camera and strobe are complete with all the o-rings, I removed them with the pick included in the kit and cleaned/inspected/re-greased them. I feel confident they are in useable cond. but would like to find some spares just incase. Thanks for your help. If you find some please let me know, meanwhile I'll keep looking.Thank's again.

If the ones with the camera look good, are smooth and soft to the touch and fit snuggly in the Oring seat of the camera they should be fine. I used one for several years and then changed it out more for peace of mind more than anything else. I would encourage you to find at least the close-up lens to add to the camera. IMO the standard lens is pretty much worthless for UW use. It's minimum focal length is 4 ft which is starting to get to the end of the strobes reach and any fish you take a photo of will be so small in the frame it's not worth shooting. The closeup lens brings the minimum focus distance in to around 1 ft, making your shots a lot better. Remember, the first rule in UW photography is get close, get closer, get even closer and when you think your too close your about right........kind of hard to follow this rule if your camera will not focus at the correct distance.
The macro lens does a really nice job and IMO the lens that lets the MX-10 do it's best shots.
I will keep an eye out for more Orings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom