Sea&Sea Motor Marine II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murat

Registered
Reaction score
I am new to underwater photograpy and a friend of mine gave me a sea and sea Motor marine II. He probably purchased it couple of years ago. When I checked the manufacturer's web page I realized that they have Motor Marine II EX. Are these models different? Can I purchase accessories for MMII ex and use it on mine?

All the accessories for the MMII EX can be used on the MMII and Visa Versa.
Here is a link to a thread that covers the small differences between the two cameras:

MMII

Rooster,

Thanks for the info I appriciate it. I got a simple question, do you think it is worth getting external flash and strobe for this model. Or would it be waste of money since the new model has more features. I also want to remind you that I am new to U/w photography and this camera was given to me from a friend as a present.
:wink:

Hey, was just doing some surfing, and had a look at the Japanese Sea and Sea web site.... there's a Motor Marine III (yes, that's right 3) on it. I haven't finished translating, but it has a wide angle 20mm lens as standard.... will read on to see what macro you can attach, etc, but knowing Sea and Sea, it is bound to have attachments - don't know if the MMII Ex ones will work for it, but I'll let you know...

Price 96,000 yen

Yep, from the site it seems the MMII accessories will not work on the new MMIII - not surprising as the basic lens is different. But then you get a 20mm wide angle straight off, and the 35mm angle lens is not terribly useful underwater. Also the new camera is rated to 60m instead of 45m.

And there is a range of MMIII accessories:

a 12.5mm fisheye conversion lens (89,000 yen)

a 15mm wide angle conversion lens (29,000)

2T Macro 25,000 yen

3.5 T macro 23,000 yen

Multi viewfinders, fish eye viewfiner and lens caddy there too. NB the prices are Sea and Sea's own recommended prices - in Tokyo, you can probably find these cheaper, and no idea what they will become when Sea and Sea US starts selling them.

The MMIII will work with the Sea and Sea YS strobes.

Murat, if you're interested in either the MMIIEX or the MMIII, I'd suggest getting the strobe and playing with the MMII you have to see if you like it first. A Sea and Sea strobe will still work with the newer models, and a range of other cameras too - anything that has either the MMII or the Nikon connector. You could get the YS 90DX, which will also work with digital housings, so if you like u/w photography but not the cost of developing film with 33 fish butts and 3 good shots, your strobe won't be worthless if you switch.

And you can always E-Bay it if you decide u/w photography is not for you.

Back
Top Bottom