sea & sea digital strobes and diffusers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clementyn

Reaction score
hi,

just back from belize and feeling frustrated with my strobes limitations :(

has anyone else solved the problem of the sea & sea YS90DX line fiber optic sync ring preventing the use of the diffuser? (both are a ring mount and using one seems to preclude the use of the other).

i am thinking of either using an old piece of white cloth stretched over the strobe with a hole cut for the fiber optic cable to pass thru, or else somehow DIY-ing a bracket or other method (zip ties?) of securing an appropriate piece of plastic over the opening of the ring.

anyone found a better solution or have other ideas? input would be much appreciated.

lorien

clementyn:
anyone found a better solution or have other ideas? input would be much appreciated.

lorien

Lorien - Lots of us are using a method Laz came up with a couple years ago.... DO you still have the diffuser ring you can't use with the FO Cable? Take a saw or a dremel tool and cut away the "edge". In other words, after cutting, all you would end up with is the front diffuser panel.

With the FO ring off, place the diffuser over the strobe. Snap on the FO ring....voila! Hope that made sense, if not, lemme know, or pm me

Chris

makes sense i think, and yes, i do still have the diffuser ring.

didn't get a hit on that post in my searches... can you post a link or better yet, a picture of the finished product?

thanks,
lorien

clementyn:
makes sense i think, and yes, i do still have the diffuser ring.

didn't get a hit on that post in my searches... can you post a link or better yet, a picture of the finished product?

thanks,
lorien

Here ya go :) Diffuser Mod

Back
Top Bottom