SEA & SEA 4 Sony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ksevit

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I have seen an ad from Seaoptics in OZ for hardware for a Sony P-9 to mount use SEA&SEA lenses, plus a mount for an Inon fiber optic cable. I have tried hunting for a USA supplier and cannot locate one. I am wondering if anyone can confrim SEA & SEA has a mount that is useable on the P-9.
Also looking for any comments on the 'value' of this gear on this camera.

ksevit:
Hi

I have seen an ad from Seaoptics in OZ for hardware for a Sony P-9 to mount use SEA&SEA lenses, plus a mount for an Inon fiber optic cable. I have tried hunting for a USA supplier and cannot locate one. I am wondering if anyone can confirm SEA & SEA has a mount that is useable on the P-9.
Also looking for any comments on the 'value' of this gear on this camera.

I can confirm for you that there is a Sea & Sea adapter for the MPK-P9.
It is S&S part #58101 and it also fits the new MPK-PHA, which is what I use it on.
Unfortunately, this part has been discontinued for some time.
If you are interested, PM me, I might be able to find you one.

I don't know if it will fit the Inon sync cord, but I do know it was designed to fit the Sea & Sea sync cord. Basically, its a tab that hangs off the lens ring that covers the internal flash. There's a hole in the center of the tab that the sync cord screws into (it's a small hole). When the internal flash goes off it triggers the external flash via the fiber optic sync cord.

As far as value, I would say priceless, especially if you already have the S&S conversion lenses. And I imagine there would be no comparison between the internal flash and a S&S YS-90. I don't own the sync or external flash yet, but can confirm that the internal flash is pretty much useless beyond 2 feet, due to it's proximity to the lens causing tremendous backscatter.

Back
Top Bottom