Sea-Quest IsoFlex X2 ??? Can anyone recommend??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastew

Reaction score
http://www.sea-quest.com/products/isoflex_x2.html

Is there anyone out there that dives in a Sea-Quest IsoFlex X2 or even just a Sea-Quest wetsuit? I am looking for a suit that will hold up well in New England waters (RI, MA, NH, ME) the temps right now are 45F (surface) but usually in summer in around 60F (surface) 55F at depth.

The IsoFlex X2 seems to have some great features:
>Rear Ziper on Jacket
>Adjustable neck seal (velcro)
>Wrist and ankle o-ring seals
>Forearm and Shin gaskets

What is the relative quality of a SeaQuest WetSuit?
What is the suits compressin ratio?
Where can I purchase a SeaQuest suit online?

I have been looking at the Harvey's DriFlex and Henderson Gold Core. I have not heard a word about SeaQuest and didn't really know they made suits.

The Sea-Quest IsoFlex X2 really, REALLY impressed me...

Just hoping someone can give me their impression of SeaQuest Suits.

Thanks VERY much,
~ScubaStew

I can be reached at aastronomydomine@homtail.com or via scubaboard

I've been perusing the net for information on these suits as well. With little success. I too am interested in this line. The X-Fles 7/6/5 in particular. Hope something turns up soon..

I have a 3-2 that I bought in 1999. I have used it for a couple hundred dives and countless pools sessions. I take care of it, rinse it and hang it in a closet. It is faded, looks like crap but still works great. I did break down and get a 3-5-3 so I wouldn't look so bad in public, besides, it's fun to have the old timers with 20-30 dives offer encouragement and advise to the rookie in the new gear. :D

Hello,

I just thought I'd let you know I love my Seaquest suit and I'm looking to buy replacement tropical suit. I'm also looking to buy a cold-water wetsuit.

I bought my Seaquest 2mm Fullsuit in 1997 and have about 100 dives on it. It still looks great, but just this year I think I've detected that it doesn't keep me quite as warm.

When I dive locally in cold NJ waters, I've been renting thicker wetsuits, but now I'm looking to buy one. I can't find Seaquest wetsuits sold online (except from foreign countries) and I think this is partly because of Seaquests' policies. Seaquest's website does have a "Dealer Locator" to help you find out where to try and buy their products.

I'm comparing the Henderson Hyperstretch, ScubaPro Everflex, and Seaquest Isoflex. From what I've read, my understanding is that Henderson is the most stretchy and comfortable, but is subject to pilling (which is only a cosmetic issue). I like the heavy duty metal back zipper, the arm and calf gaskets, and the wrist and ankle o-rings of the Seaquest (the o-rings are smooth skin-out neoprene). The features of the Seaquest Isoflex seem like the features of most "semi-dry" wetsuits I've seen. I like the skin-out chests of the Seaquest and Scubapro for shedding water. I like the neoprene of the Everflex line -- it seems to be of unusually high quality: fine, smooth, and dense.

I've seen all the suits in my local dive shop, and now it's time to try them on.

Henderson suits are available online from LeisurePro and elsewhere, whereas ScubaPro and Seaquest wetsuits seem only to be available at dive shops. I may end up buying from a shop if I'm going to be trying on them on there. My other option would be to buy mail order and return what doesn't fit.

Hope this helps,

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom