Sea Mode ReefMaster Mini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nagel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've tried using the sea mode and my pictures tend to be "washed out". Last time in Bonaire, I added some red gel to the lens using the wide angle to hold in place and not using sea mode. This worked great at depth, but gave everything a red tint in shallows. Obviously, not easy to change the gel out.

Has anybody else had issues with using the sea mode and washing the pictures out? Maybe, I need to make another setting as well.

Is there a red filter available that will snap on off as needed?

Snagel

Hi, I have the reef master mini as well. I haven't had that problem. You did notice that you need to select whether you are diving in 25 ft or less, Or the selection for greater than 25ft, right?

I've played around with these settings and still get the washed out effect. The last trip I played with the manual white balance and adjusted the white balance using a slate. This seemed to provide the best pictures. I'm thinking the installed software to make these adjustments don't provide the best pictures. Maybe I need to look at updating the firmware; which, I thought I did recently.

Snagel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom