Sea Hunt episodes on Roku

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the full remastered series on my home Plex server, always a fun blast from the past.

I bought the digitally remastered and sound enhanced full DVD set about 20 years ago and they're really not too bad quality.... Not High def....but good.

I also have a vintage copy of the original Sea Hunt book...

I'll have to check out the Roku / Hulu channel. Thanks for the heads up.

0ta4R79.jpg

MXZJyFq.jpg

Okay, I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. I bet that I saw every episode of that show back in the day.

Episode 3: Nitrogen narcosis and rabid moray eels. Forgot how much hand-to-hand underwater combat there was in these early episodes. Speaking of the moray, I didn’t note any “No animals were harmed in the making of this film” disclaimers in the end credits.

The guy sitting at 60 feet for an hour breathing pureO2, they are pretty corny but fun.
Yea, the technical advisor must have been out to lunch on a regular basis, if they had one at all. The number of "mistakes" that any modern certified diver would easily catch, was pretty high.

Then there was the stuff that anyone with common sense should have caught on to, like when Mike was having a fist fight on land, while still wearing his wet suit and tank(s) & still managed to jump around like a kid playing basket ball.

Another thing is when he just happens to take underwater flares, a message board, & 6 other things he never carries & just happens to need all of them that particular day for some special thing that happened.

Like a lot of modern Sci-fi shows, if you want to enjoy it, you need to accept that some unrealistic things are going to be shown.

We used to do this drinking game where every time Mike swam by the same log in the basin at Silver Springs (which occurred in many episodes) we would have to take a shot of tequila! 😎 Yeah, the gear is cool too! M

I was fortunate enough to find a boxed DVD set composed of most of the first season. It cost me about $5.00 or so at Ollie’s. I was somewhat surprised at how well the adventures held up from my childhood memories. Lloyd Bridges was second only to Jacques Cousteau inspiring me to study Marine Biology and Scuba diving. Gues I’ve gotta get Roku.
🐸

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom