Sea Horses in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving w/Aldora today and Edgar the great DM found a fairly large one (maybe 6 inches but that's a man measuring) at Punta Tunich.

:rofl3::rofl3:

When we were there for the Invasion a couple years ago, there were some off the beach at Hotel Cozumel.

We were there in November and I found one during a shore dive off the Hotel Cozumel pier. It was attached to a piece of vegetation next to the sea wall. First one I've found on my own so I was pretty happy. A DM showed one to us on Punta Tunich. Both were fairly good sized, 4 inches maybe. Very cool little guys!

When we were there for the Invasion a couple years ago, there were some off the beach at Hotel Cozumel.

Yep, we did AOW just before the invasion and did most of the dives in from of Hotel Cozumel. I found a sea horse during a dive, afterwards the instructor said there were seven there. I was a bit shocked to hear this and was wondering just how truthful he was being. On the next dive, he showed me four in less than 10 minutes, so I was then pretty convinced that seven wasn't probably a stretch.

betsy2640.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Maybe I'll even get to meet you on this trip! I'll ask Jorge or Matt to point me in your direction.

We were there in November and I found one during a shore dive off the Hotel Cozumel pier. It was attached to a piece of vegetation next to the sea wall. First one I've found on my own so I was pretty happy. A DM showed one to us on Punta Tunich. Both were fairly good sized, 4 inches maybe. Very cool little guys!
I also spotted one on a shore dive from Hotel Cozumel last November. It was north a bit (towards SCC) in a grassy area. This was also my first one that I spotted myself. :banana:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom