Sea Hornet spearguns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

u5agi

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Blue Water Divers in Sunnyvale is having a 15% sale on all their spearguns, including a 32" mahogany by Sea Hornet of Australia.

Does anyone know how this gun rates compared to the big names like Riffe and A B Biller? Would you recommend it as a beginning speargun?

thanks!

u5agi once bubbled...
Blue Water Divers in Sunnyvale is having a 15% sale on all their spearguns, including a 32" mahogany by Sea Hornet of Australia.

Does anyone know how this gun rates compared to the big names like Riffe and A B Biller? Would you recommend it as a beginning speargun?

thanks!

I just purchased a 32" rhino from kevin directly. I have yet to spear a fish as i just bought it and have only dove it once. Most of the guns by sea hornet(spearfishing specialties) come highly recommended by www.spearboard.com . You can also contact kevin directly at http://www.slinginsteel.com/

Do you freedive or use scuba when hunting?

I plan to freedive with the gun so will need something fairly light and easy to handle.

How did you like the handling of the rhino?

u5agi once bubbled...
Do you freedive or use scuba when hunting?

I plan to freedive with the gun so will need something fairly light and easy to handle.

How did you like the handling of the rhino?

I strictly scuba. I have only handled a handful of spearguns so im by far no expert on them. I do like it and it seems very well made and thought out.To me it seems to handle good.You may want to ask around on spearboard as those guys are much more knowledgable than i am. I used a spearpole for quite a while before buying my own speargun. Overall i am happy with my purchase.Time will tell as i get to use it more and see how good it works and lasts.

Greetings, i am new to thre forum and found it by doing research on the sea hornet spear gun.I will into myself in general disc.I have just purchased a used sea hornet 32 teak.
http://auctions.floridasportsman.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?accsmisc&1064174372

it appears to be well made and loaded with extras. I spoke with a german woman at ab biller today. aparently the Billers moved to the states and make there guns here.
she told me my gun is probably 8-10 yrs old. the trigger and handle say J.D. Preece & co.pty.ltd Sydney Austrlaia. during the transision sea hornet was importing their triggers from Australia and now have made improvments and make them themselves.

i have not used the gun yet but for being as old as it is the trigger and parts seem to be working fine.

Back
Top Bottom