Sea Elite BCD's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamiei

Reaction score
i know most people say Sea Elite BCD's are crap, but I have one ( a free one from a friend that used it for several years and gave up diving). My question is... Does anyone know how to identify these things? It doesn't have any identification besides saying Sea Elite and its a women's model. Also, where can you get parts to service them?

These are commissioned & sold by Divers Supply. They are made in Korea if I'm not mistaken. Depending on where you are, you may have one near you. Closest is going to be in Macon for you.

I think you know how I feel about Divers Supply however. :)

I think you know how I feel about Divers Supply however.
And if he doesn't, the way you feel about Diver's Supply is the way I feel about DiveRite.. :wink:

It is the Expedition model (but not the one on their website now). They redesigned several of their models last year. BTW, they are made in USA. If you set it and a Dive Rite Transpak II side-by-side, They are almost identical, except the Expedition has pockets and integrated weight pockets. Same material. Same basic design.

Jamiei: The Doraville store maybe closer for you. I'm not sure.

O-Ring.... I would ask you to come to Sunny Fl to dive..... But I'm afraid they'd have to separate us.

But seriously... You're welcome to come down man. Let me know if you head this way.
I was kidding anyway...but would love to make it down there.

Back to topic...I thought the Sea Elite Trilaminate drysuit didn't look too bad either...pretty cheap too, something like $800.

Jarhead once bubbled...
It is the Expedition model (but not the one on their website now). They redesigned several of their models last year. BTW, they are made in USA. If you set it and a Dive Rite Transpak II side-by-side, They are almost identical, except the Expedition has pockets and integrated weight pockets. Same material. Same basic design.

Jamiei: The Doraville store maybe closer for you. I'm not sure.

When Sea Elite 1st started out they were made over seas. If they've brought it back state-side... Kudos for us (US). But you're right about the Explorer. They took the TPII & modeled the Explorer straight off of the TPII. I nearly bought one when I bought my TPII back in '96.

O-ring. You need to come down & dive the Grove w/us New Years. We're trying to set it up for New Years from Divers City USA in Key Largo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom