Sea Dragon 1200 issue in middle of trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8jab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In Roatan, middle of a dive trip.

Light worked like normal day 1.

Changed battery day 2, was demonstrating to my son how to use the light (on shore). Light would come on for 1 second, then turn off. Did this a couple of times. Now the light never comes on.

Verified full battery. Tried both batteries. All the status indicator lights are working, and can even change flash-detect and performance features as described in the manual. Is there a thermal cut off or H2O detect that is keeping it off? I thought it would work out-of-water for a few minutes (just to test), but nothing.

Going to have to just dive with it, but I'm confused. Is it broken?

Thanks

If you are concerned about thermal stuff, try testing it in a full bathtub. I wouldn't lug it on a dive if it's not going to work....

I tried it again after a few hours of sitting. Light came on for 5-8 seconds, flickered and then went out. Now it is totally dead, no indicator lights for battery level or anything. Totally dead. Suck that this happens in the middle of a dive. Had this for a few years, but well cared for and not used much.

Hopefully can get a rental light from the photo shop here at Coco View.

Any chance that there's a little bit of moisture on the inside? Have you tried leaving it out in the sun, with the battery door off, and battery compartment facing up to see if you can bake any moisture out of it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom