Sea and Sea strobe question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetman

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a ys90 Auto that i havent used yet.

Just curious whats supposed to happen after you put batteries in and switch it to auto 1 or 2. Should i hear a typical flash charge up sound and/or see a charged up light somewhere to indicate its ready? I've tried about 6 sets of batteries, alkaline, nimh and heavy duty in the mix and i get nada.

I have slave switched to on as well. I even tried submerging it just incase it has some water sensor on it as well but still nothing.

thanks for your help

steve

I have a YS90DX, not the Auto. I do they they are different in the settings. Mine is the manual model and I set it to Pre and On and I get that high pitch squeal starting up and the light comes on.

I have the YS-90auto. Whenever it is switched from the "off" position, there is an audible high pitched noise as it powers up. Also the led on the back glows red when it has charged.

Back
Top Bottom