Sea and Sea 750G Camera Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xanthro

Reaction score
Notes: Author is a beginning photographer who very much lacks skill in actually taking decent pictures above or below the surface.

Good Points. Size is easy to handle. Small enough to clip off and feel unencumbered, yet large enough that controls can still be manipulated with 5mm wet-gloves. Battery life was simply amazing. Using high quality camera batteries and internal flash I took hundreds of pictures on one set of batteries.

Bad Points: Low battery warning. Batteries went from 50% to unable to take a picture within two shots. This meant they ran out during a dive, but easily avoided by changing batteries more often than every 5 dives. Auto focus is a bit slow so that moving shots action shots are harder.

Under water I had a hard time telling if a shot was focused correctly via the LCD screen. This is because my mask is -1.0 corrective and my vision is simply not that great reading something small. White balance is via a menu system and hard to change on a per shot basis. Exposure is only via bracketing. You cannot change f-stop for example. You can mimic ISO settings.

As I take more pictures I’ll update this review.

Below is a link to some of the pictures. Please feel free to make comments as I am quite the beginner and trying to learn.

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=31081

Great review, I bought one of the 750's have not been uw with it yet. Been trying it on anything in the house. I look forward to seeing more coments from you on this camera. I will be in Coz in April, hopefully I will get to play with mine in a pool before we go.

Great to hear your impressions of this system. I especially like the garibaldi - nice capture.

The not being able to see precise focus is a common issue on a great many lcd screens of all price ranges! Take more than one frame on anything where precise focus is critical.

Back
Top Bottom