SE FL boat dives 8/6 AM (pre-dive party weekend)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I probably won't be able to make it :(

Ok Ken and Jaye are down for it, i think Darrel and Vickie are too, so that is 5 so far, Rampage is good for me and in the area, easy to get to for the others from PSL. We can make plans to book places on the AM boat. Whoever else wants to come can get on board. Will have to see what the Rampage has on offer that morning and work from there.

Recent addition, Charlie99 might also be coming along, which would make 6. Leaning towards Rampage due to preference of Darrel and Vickie, the location isnt bad for any of us to get to, i also havent tried this outfit, but hear good things.

Ok, got hold of the Rampage this morning and tried to talk terms with them. It seems it would be a 9.30 boarding for 10 start, 2 tank reef/drift dives, there might be some lobster hunters there due to the season, but he says that its not all about them. We would return around 1.30-2pm. The rates so far are the usual $50/65/80 for dives/with air/nitrox rentals, respectively. What do you guys think? It is typical SE coast diving, nice reefs and drifting, so no energy probably around 60-70ft max, ave slightly less than that.

Similarly out of Boynton we have Splashdown doing about the same kind of trip $50/65/80, same kind of profiles doing a drift on the reef. Loggerhead is 50/66/76, same stuff.

Whether you feel its worth doing nitrox on that, i think it might be to get some bottom time on the second dive and keep the N2 loading down before saturday's dives (whatever your tables and computers might clear you of). We can still have some time for an afternoon dive or two with night dive from the shore if others are up for it.

Let me know if you want to book up with them.

simbrooks:
Ok, got hold of the Rampage this morning and tried to talk terms with them. It seems it would be a 9.30 boarding for 10 start, 2 tank reef/drift dives, there might be some lobster hunters there due to the season, but he says that its not all about them. We would return around 1.30-2pm. The rates so far are the usual $50/65/80 for dives/with air/nitrox rentals, respectively. What do you guys think? It is typical SE coast diving, nice reefs and drifting, so no energy probably around 60-70ft max, ave slightly less than that. Whether you feel its worth doing nitrox on that, i think it might be to get some bottom time on the second dive and keep the N2 loading down before saturday's dives (whatever your tables and computers might clear you of). We can still have some time for an afternoon dive or two with night dive from the shore if others are up for it.

Let me know if you want to book up with them.

For a 4 dive day like the keys, we'll roll EAN. For this dive, with its mellow profile and lot of off gas time before Sat, we're gonna dive air.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

K

Ok, it looks like 6 for Rampage AM loading at 9.30 out of Riveira Beach, just north or WPB, with Ken/Jaye, Darrel/Vickie, Charlie (i think) and myself - i dont think this is enough to get a discount of any sort though, sorry about that, still $50 +tanks as needed. All i need to know is if you guys need air/nitrox rentals from the charter or if you are bringing your own and need fills when you get here.

Ok, so at the moment i have booked up spots for Ken & Jaye (both w/ air rentals), Charlie (w/nitrox rentals), myself and possibly Darrel (still waiting on him to get back to me on that one). So that would be $65 w/ air and $80 w/ nitrox for the dives, you can pay direct in one form or another either to me or them. So looking forward to this weekend!! :D

simbrooks:
Ok, so at the moment i have booked up spots for Ken & Jaye (both w/ air rentals), Charlie (w/nitrox rentals), myself and possibly Darrel (still waiting on him to get back to me on that one). So that would be $65 w/ air and $80 w/ nitrox for the dives, you can pay direct in one form or another either to me or them. So looking forward to this weekend!! :D

Can I get a phone number for these nice people, so I can get directions. We'll be driving in.

Need to find out if anyone is up for a couple of night dives on Friday. Its the only time We'll be able to night dive - with the Keys trip on Sat and flying back Monday (no diving after 4:00 PM Sunday for us...)

Thanks!

K

A night dive sounds like a great way to start the weekend!

Mo2vation:
Can I get a phone number for these nice people, so I can get directions. We'll be driving in.

Need to find out if anyone is up for a couple of night dives on Friday. Its the only time We'll be able to night dive - with the Keys trip on Sat and flying back Monday (no diving after 4:00 PM Sunday for us...)
www.therampage.com will get you to their site, complete with good maps.

I just finished packing and will fly Boston to West Palm Beach tomorrow. Will stay in the Lantana / South end of West Palm Beach for a week of diving.

Sorry but rather than do night dives, I'll probably chill out Friday night, getting ready for a long day of driving down to Key Largo, doing 4 dives and dinner, and perhaps a run back up to West Palm.

Cellphone: 408-836-5939

Charlie, are you diving with us on Saturday with Island Ventures?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom