SDI vs PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, but that's an incomplete question. If you really want an answer, you'll have to be more specific as to what you are asking.

I think maybe he was asking which came first in alphabetical order.

If the question was which has better patches, it's gotta be PADI, again.

SDI or PADI???

Airtech if you haven't already, use the search feature at the top of the page and find the hundreds of my alphabet soup is better than your alphabet soup. Don't limit your search to these two, there are dozens and dozens of "agencies" that want to print a card for divers. There are standards that many American agencies agree to, and there are agencies that ignore the standards. There are instructors that teach the minimum, and there are instructors that exceed these guides.

Your information shows you have been certified by PADI, you are joined by a lot of other PADI divers, if that is your measure of an agency, you're OK to go. In different parts of the world, other agencies have other standards. . . your dive experience and log book may let you dive when you travel.

If you liked your instructor, try to dive with him more, and learn all you can, If you didn't like your instructor, take additional dives, or training with someone else. Whatever alphabet you choose. . . diving experience, lots of it, is the true value.

Your question makes it hard for us to give you a quick answer. Ask again if there is a specific we can answer. SSI split off from NASDS, then bought them years later, but both are older than PADI. . . and that doesn't mean a thing, when you're talking to an instructor in your home town.

I think the only point most people agree with in all those threads is that the choice of an instructor is much, much more important than whatever agency (s)he belongs to.

(oh, and FFESSM wins based on the number of letters)

PADI has 33% more letters than SDI, so I imagine it's better.

I am new to Diving, but this seems like a Ford v.s. Chevy kinda of question.

I only see this ending ugly, and with hurt feelings.

I am new to Diving, but this seems ....I only see this ending ugly, and with hurt feelings.

No, you're just new to ScubaBoard.

Just after it gets ugly, but before anyone has hurt feelings, a impish cherub will step-in and hand out "you're special" ribbons to all concerned before he locks the thread.

:search: for the word :troll: for a deeper understanding of what this thread is all about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom