SDI Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
If I become an SDI Instructor, do I need to be associated with a dive center or I can work totally independent? I was trying to find information online, but it's not really clear how does it work.. would be nice if someone could provide me with the correct information about this. Thanks in advance

If I become an SDI Instructor, do I need to be associated with a dive center or I can work totally independent? I was trying to find information online, but it's not really clear how does it work.. would be nice if someone could provide me with the correct information about this. Thanks in advance
You can work independently. SDI used to have a requirement that you associate with a dive center, but that's been gone for some time.

It's well worth your time if you are already an instructor. There's a degree of instructional freedom that SDI allows that makes courses much less like an assembly line. For example, I teach small classes, so it's easy to finish skills in 2 dives. With other agencies, I'd have to wait until dive 3 to do some skills, but with SDI, if the student is ready, I can finish them faster and then we can just dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom