SDA "Dead" - any way to revive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doctock993

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As I was doing an advance review of my dive gear prior to an trip upcoming in 5 weeks, I discovered my SDA - last used March 2012, now does not seem to even charge. I've plugged it into several different computers' USB ports for several hours with no "awakening".
Flash back to Aug 2010 when I was on a dive trip in Grand Cayman and I learned UEMIS was going "belly-up". At the time I decided to use the SDA "until it died". Unfortunately, that time seems to have arrived. Even worse, the Lynx does not seem to be available for shipping (if the date holds) until the day I leave for Indonesia!

Now what?
Anyone have a "quick fix" for the SDA?
Anyone servicing these devices?

I believe the new owners are trying to revive the business, at least judging from their news updates on their website. You can try and reach them, but I don't know if they will be able to service your SDA in time for your trip. Support - uemis - THE UNDERWATER REVOLUTION

Thank you for that excellent advice!

I emailed the Support link and within the hour received this:
Dear Russell

It sounds like an issue of the battery. I believe it will take between 4-6 weeks depending from where you will return your uemis. We provide this service at CHF 137.95 (excl. VAT and shipment). We grant a one year warranty on our repair work and the battery. This service includes as well a cleaning in our ultrasonic bath and a test in our pressure chamber.

We can send you a loaner SDA in case we cannot repair you unit until March 20th . Please let us know as soon as possible from where (country) you like to return your uemis. This is important in order to send you the correct shipping instruction.

I look forward to hear again from you.

Kind regards,
Hansjoerg

-----------------------------------------
Swiss Dive Technology AG
Bahnhofstr. 2
CH-3543 Signau

Hansjoerg.adam@swissdivetec.ch

Phone: +41 34 558 08 08

www.uemis.com
www.swissdivetec.com

This is really excellent news!

Maybe in the future the new owners will add Mac compatibility.
Also the ability to merge databases (this will be the second trip back to Switzerland and I'm guessing I'll soon have 3 Serial #'s associated with my account)

Maybe in the future the new owners will add Mac compatibility.
Also the ability to merge databases (this will be the second trip back to Switzerland and I'm guessing I'll soon have 3 Serial #'s associated with my account)
I've been using the SDA with my Mac since years, there is no issue with Mac compatibility :wink:
Merging DB's shouldn't be an issue either, if you have an account on myUemis (myUemis - uemis - THE UNDERWATER REVOLUTION).

I've been using the SDA with my Mac since years, there is no issue with Mac compatibility :wink:
Merging DB's shouldn't be an issue either, if you have an account on myUemis (myUemis - uemis - THE UNDERWATER REVOLUTION).

Interesting on the Mac compatibility - last time I hooked my SDA to a computer (2010 according to my myUemis page) the only way to communicate with myUemis was on a WIN platform.
Also, I believe back in 2010-2011 when I asked the question on this forum about merging databases I was told (by the "old" UEMIS) "Cannot merge databases".

Glad everything worked out for you.

Keeping my fingers crossed - SDA and transmitter are on the way back to Switzerland.

Hopefully the right hand will know what the left hand is doing - I'm a little concerned as 2 days after shipping I received a "Reply to Service Ticket" that encouraged me to contact the same email address as I've been chatting with...
In addition, my questions about MAC compatibility and database merging have not been answered to this date.
Also, while Hansjoerg has asked to Skype regarding the loaner devices, he has yet to reply to my attempts to contact him via Skype.

Of note, I did encourage the "new UEMIS" to participate in this forum... (we will see)

If you still can't get your SDA to sync on your Mac, PM me for help.

I am just downloading/completing the latest dives from my SDA to my Mac and Uemis account.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom