Scubatech (Tecline?) R2 or R6 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olegol

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

I bought a regulator set (1st stage + two 2nd stages and SPG) from East Europe (Poland I think) when I was just certified as AOW and didn't know about Apeks :) Like 7 years passed and I want to use it as a stage regulator, however 1st stage needs a service.

Could somebody please help me to identify the brand and exact model to try google the service kits?

It has a Scubatech engraving and I remember something like R2 ICE on the product box I throwed away long ago. I've looked, but it's like a mess with Scubatech vs. Tecline and their models.

The other good question I have: what happened with dry seal? I put the reg on the cylinder, pressurised and left for like half an hour... And I see the strange bloat on dry seal on return...

20200504_215232-01.jpeg 20200504_215415-01.jpeg 20200504_215530-01.jpeg

Thanks,
Oleg.

Thanks for the link! So the one I have is what model exactly? Looks like R2 or R6...

That is the popup service indicator.

What happens is a leak of air past the diaphragm pressurized the environmental seal. During the rebuild they will change the diaphragm and should replace the environmental seal as that will probably be stretched out.

Hi All,

I bought a regulator set (1st stage + two 2nd stages and SPG) from East Europe (Poland I think) when I was just certified as AOW and didn't know about Apeks :) Like 7 years passed and I want to use it as a stage regulator, however 1st stage needs a service.

Could somebody please help me to identify the brand and exact model to try google the service kits?

It has a Scubatech engraving and I remember something like R2 ICE on the product box I throwed away long ago. I've looked, but it's like a mess with Scubatech vs. Tecline and their models.

The other good question I have: what happened with dry seal? I put the reg on the cylinder, pressurised and left for like half an hour... And I see the strange bloat on dry seal on return...

View attachment 584154 View attachment 584155 View attachment 584156

Thanks,
Oleg.
In older version of scubatech diaphragm regulators, they did have a flaw where the diaphragm is not very durable. Air will eventually leak into dry chamber and pushing the environmental seal off.

Mine took a year and a half and it got the same symptoms, but their current service kits fixed that problem already. Now it is as strong as any major brand

Ahhh the classic 1st stage nipple syndrome...

Wait until you start running super rich He mixes. Even on my Apeks regs anything over 70% He starts to do this over time. I just loosen up the environmental seal cap and "bleed" off the pressure build up. You can actually hear a small hissss when you loosen it up.

Just an FYI a while back I posed a picture of my dive buddies Tecline 1st stage that blew up around 115m on ascent from 140m Black Friday Gear Sales This was one of the newer R2 Tecline first stages. But in Teclines defense I have dove countless dives with my buddy who runs Tecline regs and he has never had an issue and he neglects servicing them way way past there service date. And we dive our regs alot more then the average person.

1697362896543.png

Back
Top Bottom