Scubastore (DiveINN) has amazing customer service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coronerwyatt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Im certainly understanding of how important it is to support the local dive shops but sometimes for big ticket items the difference in what my local shop has to charge and what I can pay on line makes the difference in my ability to be able to purchase the item or not based on my limited budget. I also understand that buying on line makes it difficult to get an item serviced if you have any problems. With all this said, I wanted to share a recent purchase I made with DiveInn (Online dive shop, buy online diving, snorkeling & swimming equipment). I have been a big fan of poseidon gear since I started diving 20 years ago in the UK while in the military. I stopped diving for many years and recently caught the bug again. I still had my cyklon regulators but had sold everything else. I started looking at a new BC with the goal in mind of doing some wreck diving. I really liked the poseidon besea BC which is a hybrid bp/w design. Cheapest I could find stateside was over $600 (several $800 or more)and that was if they could still get one. I found one at DiveInn for about $495 plus $50 to ship (more on the shipping in a second). I placed the order and then the next day received a very gracious email from a rep at DiveInn advising that it would be two weeks before it shipped as they had just placed the order with poseidon who advised that this BC (Besea W50) was in very limited supplies but they would fill the order. In case you didn't know, DiveInn (Online dive shop, buy online diving, snorkeling & swimming equipment) is in Barcelona Spain! Not just the HQ but also their shipping warehouse. The rep ask if I wanted to weight that long or if I wanted to chose another BC in stock or simply have my money refunded. They also insisted that they would refund my shipping fee if I chose to wait or chose another BC in stock. At first I told them I would wait for the besea w50 to ship. A few days go by and I started looking for a nice dive gear bag. I found one on the DiveInn site and sent the rep an email asking if I could add this to the same shipment since the BC hadn't shipped yet. The rep offered to add the $50 dive gear bag as a gift for my patience (still no shipping fee will be charged for the order!). I said thanks. Another day or two go by and I do more research and change my mind on which type BC I want so I call them back and ask to change my order since it hadn't shipped. To close, I was able to change my oder to a new model Dive Rite Transpac harness with a voyager exp wing. I still had about 15$ left due to the difference so they tossed in a nice stainless steel gear retractor and shipped the BC, wing, retractor and free gear bag to my home in ca for under $500. Reps were all extremely gracious and eager to make sure I was satisfied.

Not bad

I just received a Suunto Zoop Novo from them for $186 including shipping. It took a couple of weeks but they answered all my questions/emails.
Not bad :-0

Back
Top Bottom