Scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's depending on what items you're talking about. I owned only Oceanic dive mask but everything else is ScubaPro. My wetsuit, BC, S600/mk20 first/second stages regulator, and finally, Tusa dive computer/console. For me so far, it has been a blessing that I own the best there is.. The conmfort I recieved is really important! The breathing of S600/mk20 is lightweight, small, and easy to breath through w/o complications. It's a matter how and what you feel that's conmfortable for you and the price you can afford. Happy Diving'n PEACE! afraser31

And own the rights to many patents on scuba gear. ScubaPro that is. As far as it being the Best gear. In Cold and Silty water it isn't. At least the MK20 isn't. It isn't sealed and they've been known to freeze. In tropical water it is one of the Best. The new Top Line regs from Mares, ScubabPro, Apeks, Atomic, etc. Are all in a category where you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in work of breathing. And are all Great regs. As far as BC's. I like DiveRite Transpac or a Backplate and harness. Fins, Mares. Mask, whatever fits. Wetsuit, Henderson Gold. Drysuit, Gates VSN. Regs, I have a couple of MK20's with G500 and 250. Also, Apeks, TX100 for doubles. Computer, Cochran Nemesis lla. Water temps I dive in are usually around 50-40 f 5-20 feet of vis. Mine haven't frozen but others have I've been with. Never had trouble with mine Just think the Sealed system is a better idea. Haven't had a chance to try out there MK18 yet.
All my opinion. Not yours. For Best Reg I'd have to say Apeks TX100, or Atomic though. Leaning towards the Apeks.
ScubaPro is usually a little more expensive than other brands also.

I have been diving with a scubapro MX20 first and a G200 second for over ten years. They get annuals every year and I have NEVER had a problem. I have a pair of IDI power fins that look so identical to the scubapro jets that I swear the only difference is the name stamped on them. Scuba pro tends to be a little less expensive than everything else but your not sacrificing quality to get that.

My .02

Tom

kcbdiver

They both offer great overall gear packages. Regulators, BC's, Fin's, etc.. They are both leaders in the field and I have used both for years (as have my wife and boys). After trying various brands over the years, I chose these two brands to sell. I've never had any regrets.

Thanks, Ken

I don't know about Oceanic, But ScubaPro won't get my money. The local shop sells at MSRP, No discounts. When I asked to see Apeks,They showed me ScubaPro. They wouldn't even give me a price (They are a Seaquest/Apeks dealer also). When I asked to see Atomic they showed me ScubaPro (they are also an Atomic dealer).

As a consumer I want to do my research, make an informed choice, then purchase what I want. Not what someone else wants to sell me.

Perhaps it is great equipment. I just don't care for the local shop,or their prices!

I agree with Tavi. To darned expensive for what you get. Scuba Pro doesn't offer anything that can't be matched or beat by other manufacturers for a lot less moola. However, I've recently seen some European prices that completely blow away anything I've seen in the states. If they didn't have their nose stuck so far up in the clouds, I might consider some of their stuff.

Mike

Don't blame a product 'cause you got treated bad at a single shop. My family dives with ScubaPro equipment and everybody is very happy with the choice. We also got a pretty good deal at our local shop. Never a problem with anything.

Nothing wrong with Apeks or Atomic if it works for you, just the wrong reason to rule out a decent product.

Tom

I was trained on Scubapro. I thought that the integrated octo and inflator (at the time) was a good idea. Then after researching prices and trying different types of gear, I found the idea really wasn't a good one and their equipment was extremely expensive. Why isn't it a good idea?
If the power inflator goes, so does the octo. If the octo goes, so does the power inflator. I'm not saying that all of their setups are like that, but when I was shopping that's what they had to offer.

I also don't like the fact that Rodale's is stating that they are the leader in split fins, when they are not. Apollo was the first, and Apollo has not changed the way their fins are made yet. Don't believe everything you read in Rodale's as, at some point, almost every piece of equipment is rated as the beloved "tester's choice."

Just my opinion.

KCDiver, look at what you are saying. You claim you don't like the AIRII because it isn't redundant. Yet, even though Scubapro offers the octopus, etc as alternatives, you ignore that and blame the company for selling an extremely innovative product designed to simplify the diver's kit. You base your complaint on your own definition of safety which is rubbish. If that thing was unsafe, the manufacturer would have dropped it like a hot potato.

One thing I remember, Scubapro was the first to offer the vest type BC when the norm was the horsecollar. US Divers had been offered the design first and they turned it down. Later, they had to scramble with inferior substitutes. To wit, while the competition was trying to figure out how to expell air from their bulky double bag designs, Scubapro made a TOUGH, compact, single bag construction with flow through aircell.

Scubapro was the first to offer a balanced second stage.

That is one more example of a history of innovative products. The quality of Scubapro products is the highest in the industry. As far as cost, shop around. Scubapro products are so ubiquitous, worldwide, they show up on EBay and such places for discount prices, brand new.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom