Scubapro warranties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mozzy105

Reaction score
If I bought a Uwatec Smart Pro wrist computer and a MK25/S600 reg from an LDS in Dallas over the phone and had it shipped to my house in Nashville, would the warranty still be good or does it have to be an in-store purchase?

mozzy105:
If I bought a Uwatec Smart Pro wrist computer and a MK25/S600 reg from an LDS in Dallas over the phone and had it shipped to my house in Nashville, would the warranty still be good or does it have to be an in-store purchase?

If you got the warranty cards and receipt showing you purchased them from an authorized dealer, I'd think you're good as gold. Then again, the best people to answer this question might be either the Dallas shop or a Nashville shop that carries SP gear.

An SP dealer is not supposed to sell over the phone as the dealer agreement prohibits sales to other than in-store customers. A Dallas dealer can sell to a Nashville customer if the customer makes the purchase in the store, or picks up the item(s) in the store, but the customer really needs to be in Dallas at some point otherwise it is a mail order/phone sale and the dealer is in violation of the SP dealer agreement.

But that's the dealer's problem and SP is not going to penalize the customer because the dealer broke the rules. As long as you have the warranty cards and a receipt from an authorized dealer, you should be fine for warranty coverage and free battery replacement.

Back
Top Bottom