Scubapro (uwatec) Aladin 2G infrared data transfer to MacBookPro Yosemite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tecrec

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Happy New Year!

I own a Scubapro (uwatec) Aladin 2G.

I have been using for many years Scubapro SmartTrack in a MS-Windows based Laptop with Infrared port and everything has been working fine.

A few days ago I bought a MacBookPro with Yosemite (MAC OS 10.10) to replace my old MS-Windows based Laptop.

I am looking for buying a usb infrared dongle for this MacBook.

Does anyone has something to suggest that is tested and works with Yosemite?

If you are going to use the Mac based ScubaPro software, ScubaPro LogTRAK, then I suggest you purchase the official UWatec IrDA dongle. It's expensive but it will eliminate the "doubt" from UWatec support if you ever have problems down the line.

If you want to use our software, Dive Log Manager/DiveLogDT, then we also support the official UWatec dongle of course, but we also know of several cheaper 3rd party dongles that will work including this one. (The link is in the USA Amazon store but it can also be found in the UK and in Australia from big fishpond).
http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-USB-2-0-IrDA-Compatible/dp/B006VJ049Q/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

We also can't guarantee that any random USB IrDA dongle will work as we don't know what chipset is in each and every one and can't verify the dongle itself has been manufactured "well". But we have many customers using 3rd party ones that have been tested. Contact us if you have any questions. If you have a link to one in your particular local area you are wondering about, feel free to send us the link and we can try and review it to see if it might be compatible.

Janice

Hi Janice!

Thank you for your reply.

I have a problem finding the dongle you suggest because amazon.com doesn't send these items to Greece and I can't find this dongle at other amazon marketplaces or at ebay.

If you have any other dongle to suggest (available in Europe), this will be very helpful for me.

Regarding your software, I have already installed the Dive Log Manager and try to use it.

Also, I am a big fan of yours ios app Trimix Tools. I have done hundreds of gas blending using your app. Great app!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom