Scubapro Twin Jets...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lesley

Reaction score
I am desparately trying to find a pair of Scubapro Twinjets - the grey ones though, not the newer black version. Does anyone know anyone who might still stock them? I'm after a size medium with swivel clips for the straps for my dive holiday at the end of the month..... Any help much loved! :)

I've just recently purchased a pair of Scubapro TwinJets and I'm anxious to try them out, as well. Mine are blue, however.

Maybe this weekend...:)

I hope you enjoy them (the weather's certainly looking good for this weekend so I may well chance a trip to Stony to christen them!). I actually first tried them out in Dahab in February - a friend I was diving with swore by them so I borroed hers and they made such a difference. When I got back though, Scubapro had launched the black version which is slightly heavier/sturdier and, to be honest, the main reason I liked the grey ones was because they were so flexible.

But now I've tracked them down, I am a happy diving bunny!! :)

Enjoy your weekend.

However, the weather is looking a bit dodgy here right now. We have scattered thunderstorms forecast all through the weekend. Diving in the rain is not a problem, but I don't fancy carrying 40 pounds of aluminum on my back with lightning all around. :eek:

We shall see, but right now it's not looking good. :(

Best of luck with yours, though! :)

You can wander around with your ali tank on feeling safe in the knowledge that aluminium does not conduct electricity.

But please remember to remove the 10ft wrought iron underwater communication aerial that you have stuck on the top of your hood.

Turns out it was a lovely day with brilliant :sunnyday: yesterday, so a friend and I went diving. The TwinJets were fabulous! I could really tell the difference in the ease with which I moved about in the water. I'm definitely hooked on them. However, I've heard they're not as effective in the ocean -- can anyone confirm this?

Ken

P.S. -- Worry not, Jim....I did not enter the water looking like a replica of the BT Tower. LOL :D

I used the Scubapro Twin Jets in Dahab earlier this year - in the open ocean they were fine. I did a couple of wreck dives and a drift dive using them and didn't have any problems at all. After a couple of dives using them, I thought maybe it was my imagination so I switched back to my old Cressi's (which are very very rigid) and I couldn't bear it! That's why I was so keen to get my own pair of twinjets before my trip at the end of this month (the one's I used in Dahab were a friend's you see).

So give them a go in the open sea - I am sure you will find them to be just as effective!

:hi:

speaking of weather
I got sun burnt this weekend at stoney!
and i was in the water for the majority of it! lol

i spose as it was rescue we spent lots of time on the surface, but i was damn sore on monday morning!
lol

another trip up there next month and early august, takes up a lot of time this diving lark doesnt it? :)

a few guys in my club use the grey twinjets, i will have to have a look at them if they are that good!

Hi,

Speaking of Stoney, can you tell me if they have opened the hotel up there yet? I haven't been up since October (I too am London-based) and it was still being built then.

Also, what was the water temp like this weekend? I know the weather was gorgeous but I wasn't sure if it would have had time to raise the temp yet? I haven't done dry-suit yet so I can only go up there in a semi dry and it was a bit too chilly in October!!

Thanks,
Lesley

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom