Scubapro Twin Jets Yellow -> Atomics Liquid Blue, will I be happy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been diving with the Scubapro Twin Jets Yellow for a few years now, and really like them. They are softer than the black twin jets, and very easy to dive with. Slight positive bouyancy. I'm looking to add another pair of fins to my diving inventory that have a similar feel.

People seem to really like the Atomic Liquid Blues. Was wondering if anyone can give me a direct comparison between the two. Unfortunately, my LDS does not carry the Liquid Blues in stock, so I cannot make a direct comparison myself.

Also, I would love to get other recommendations if people have them. Again, I really like the softness and easy kicking I currently get with the Yellows, and want something similar.

Paco II:
I've been diving with the Scubapro Twin Jets Yellow for a few years now, and really like them. They are softer than the black twin jets, and very easy to dive with. Slight positive bouyancy. I'm looking to add another pair of fins to my diving inventory that have a similar feel.

People seem to really like the Atomic Liquid Blues. Was wondering if anyone can give me a direct comparison between the two. Unfortunately, my LDS does not carry the Liquid Blues in stock, so I cannot make a direct comparison myself.

Also, I would love to get other recommendations if people have them. Again, I really like the softness and easy kicking I currently get with the Yellows, and want something similar.

I can't offer a comparision between the two but I can say that if I had to buy new fins I would buy the Atomics without hesitation. It would be a no brainer. I have almost 200 dives and 4 years on my Yellow Atomics and they are in near perfect condition.

most people are looking for new fins either because they don't like something about what they have, or they want a pair of fins with different characteristics, or the ocean ate them. Seems none of those apply, and since you can't wear 2 pairs at the same time, sorta curious why you'd want a pair just like what you have?

I think you are asking me two questions:

#1) I want something similar, but not the same, as I have now. I do like the softness of the Scubapro Yellows, since it has eliminated cramps for me. However, I would like something just a little firmer. And maybe something not quite as wide.

#2) I like having spares of my important equipment.

Damselfish:
most people are looking for new fins either because they don't like something about what they have, or they want a pair of fins with different characteristics, or the ocean ate them. Seems none of those apply, and since you can't wear 2 pairs at the same time, sorta curious why you'd want a pair just like what you have?

if you like easy kicking with plenty of speed, check out the force fins, the basic model will fit your bill nicely. About $110 from Scuba.com right now.
They have a similar feel to the Atomics, but allow you to scull and frog kick as well. and the foot pocket that force fins use will never cause cramps.

Paco II:
I think you are asking me two questions:

#1) I want something similar, but not the same, as I have now. I do like the softness of the Scubapro Yellows, since it has eliminated cramps for me. However, I would like something just a little firmer. And maybe something not quite as wide.

#2) I like having spares of my important equipment.
Try the Apollo bio-fin XT's. Amazing fins.

Back
Top Bottom