Scubapro Twin Jet - Buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbg6099

New
Reaction score
I am currently planning on buying a pair of Scubapro Twin Jet fins. My question is, should I get the negatively buoyant black fins, or the positively buoyant graphite, blue or yellow? What criteria would effect this decision?

Also, it doesn't say on the scubapro site how much less buoyant the black fins are. Does anybody know?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I purchased the positively buoyant (yellow) this year and really like them. I chose the positively buoyant because I had already lost a fin, and didn't have an extra on hand, and figured the bright yellow would be easier for my buddy to see in low viz conditions and wouldn't be searching the bottom of the ocean/lake because it'd be floating :)

Sorry I cannot remember the numbers on buoyancy.

Dive Safe :)

Get the negative. It's my personal opinion of course but I absolutley hate floatie fins.

Tom

I have the cobalt blue and they are not that bouyant to cause any problems. The black are stiffer tho.

See you on the lake, Lourdes Camp was 40deg. last week.

chuckrt

Thanks for your input. I actually ended up buying the black a couple weeks ago. I'm looking forward to trying them out this weekend in 1000 islands.

Happy Diving!

Back
Top Bottom