Scubapro transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi

can someone advise me please.

I have a mantis M2 and an A2 dive computer and was playing about with my set up and saw both computers were displaying the air in my tank at the same time.
can 1 transmitter run on both dive computers at the same time ?
I always take two computers on a dive so always have a back up but was wondering if my main computer ever failed would the air integration flip to the back up computer ?

thanks in advance

Mark

Most air integrated transmitters are just that - transmitters. I can't speak specifically for the Mantis, but in general the transmitters emit a signal for any computer that is "paired" (ie, configured to not ignore that transmitter). The transmitter doesn't receive (then it would be called a transceiver) a signal from the computer - it just broadcasts the pressure data to whichever computer(s) is/are listening.

Thanks for your response I see where your coming from.
Would like a solid yes or no from any other divers who have experienced the same

@stiebs gave you the answer. But if you want confirmation...Yes.

I dive a Scubapro G2 and a Scubapro HUD using a single Scubapro transmitter. Before the HUD I dived a Scubapro A2 with the G2. A single Scubapro transmitter can be read by more than one Scubapro computer. The air integration does not "flip" to the second computer, it is present on both computers all the time when paired.

@stiebs gave you the answer. But if you want confirmation...Yes.

I dive a Scubapro G2 and a Scubapro HUD using a single Scubapro transmitter. Before the HUD I dived a Scubapro A2 with the G2. A single Scubapro transmitter can be read by more than one Scubapro computer. The air integration does not "flip" to the second computer, it is present on both computers all the time when paired.

That’s just what I wanted to hear thank you for confirming that. I feel a whole lot better now I know it will be ok to use both

Cheers

Mark

All that the transmitter do is broadcast the information, it doesn't receive or process anything. All receivers, the computers, that are within range of the transmitter will receive the signal. The ones that are "paired" with the transmitter, set up to work with a specific transmitter, will be processing the signal and showing the data to the user(s) based on the information from this transmitter. The transmitter doesn't know anything about who is picking up its signal and processing it.

Back
Top Bottom