Scubapro Tank Size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've got a pair of Scubapro (Faber) steel tanks, that are slightly bigger than an aluminum 80, and and a little larger diameter. (I can get the actual model number if necessary, but they're in the garage right now, and being night, it's a little dark out there.)

Scubapro's website doesn't seem to have any information on the tanks at all, and the faber web site lists the tank capacity as cubic inches of water.

Does anybody know how I can convert the cubic inches of water to a cubic feet of air at 2640 PSI, or some ither way to find out the tank capacity in CuFt?

Thanks!

Terry

91.4 cu ft...

Possibly... if they are the tanks Im thinking of...

As far as I know SP does not currently catalog any tanks. In the past however, they sold three Faber tanks:

a 71.4 cu ft (@ 3300 psi) tank 20" long and 6.75 " in diameter,
a 75.8 cu ft (@ 2640 psi) tank 26" long and 6.75" in diameter,
and a 95.1 cu ft (@ 2640 psi) tank 24" long and 8.00" in diameter

Ahhhh... So it looks like the 95.1... Well, I was close...

DA Aquamaster:
As far as I know SP does not currently catalog any tanks. In the past however, they sold three Faber tanks:

a 71.4 cu ft (@ 3300 psi) tank 20" long and 6.75 " in diameter,
a 75.8 cu ft (@ 2640 psi) tank 26" long and 6.75" in diameter,
and a 95.1 cu ft (@ 2640 psi) tank 24" long and 8.00" in diameter

Thanks!

I thought I remembered they were around 90-something, but was trying to confirm it.

Any idea whey they stopped selling tanks?

Terry

SP has stopped selling tanks a couple times over the last 20 years and I think 2002 may have been the last year they were cataloged as they are not in the 2003 pricelist. Sp dealers were really not able to be competetive with them price wise as they sold for around $325 when you could get a low pressure steel tank elsewhere for arounf $230.

I bought 4 of the 71.4's used in excellent condition for my wife for $100 each and I see 95.1's on E-bay frequently but they seldom go cheap.

Back
Top Bottom