Scubapro "Storm Trooper"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EdEng

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi everyone,

Just sharing. As usual, some might like it & some might hate it.

Scubapro "Storm Trooper" 109.

PicsArt_09-18-01.17.26.jpg

Night dive will never be the same again...

PicsArt_09-18-01.37.00.jpg

Glow in the dark Storm Trooper.

PicsArt_09-18-01.29.18.png

World's 1st & One of a kind.

All comments & critics are welcome. Thank you.

*I'm sorry I won't be able to share the details & information on how it's done.

That's awesome. Looks great. Hope the proprietary secret coating holds up. ;-)

I liked it from seeing the first picture....and then scrolled down and saw the glow in dark photos. Unique and looks great. Probably my favorite so far and I wish it was in my collection.

Never heard of it, any history of that piece ?

Never heard of it, any history of that piece ?

He is coating the regulators with some material or process, it did not come from SP that way. Just more bling for an over rated regulator, it is pretty face and in glow in the dark white who could say no to a date with that! Proof that looks count more than performance. N

Cool factor x10!

I think it looks very cool. How can it be the most over rated reg ever? They still work after 35 years? I'm currently using one as a primary right now. The biggest potential flaw I recognize is that if the reg is neglected and corrosion bubbles up under the sealing area for the exhaust, you get a wet breathing reg. all metal second stages seem vulnerable to that, I assume.

I think it looks very cool. How can it be the most over rated reg ever? They still work after 35 years? I'm currently using one as a primary right now. The biggest potential flaw I recognize is that if the reg is neglected and corrosion bubbles up under the sealing area for the exhaust, you get a wet breathing reg. all metal second stages seem vulnerable to that, I assume.

I fixed that for you. I am a Conshelf guy, an underrated and somewhat ugly face regulator, wink, wink, it was just a dig. I also have a "pretty" face 109. The exhaust valve is small, the mouthpiece manifold is small, the breathing performance was fine 35 years ago but not likely to rate superior today and for regulators of that era, I would go Connie.

Screen-Shot-2021-09-17-at-10-37-47-PM.png

The OPs skills at coatings are impressive.

James

I fixed that for you. I am a Conshelf guy, an underrated and somewhat ugly face regulator, wink, wink, it was just a dig. I also have a "pretty" face 109. The exhaust valve is small, the mouthpiece manifold is small, the breathing performance was fine 35 years ago but not likely to rate superior today and for regulators of that era, I would go Connie.

View attachment 682473

The OPs skills at coatings are impressive.

James
To make the image complete you might want to cut off the tag from the regulator bag on the left.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom