scubapro spg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pdelannoy

Contributor
Reaction score
I did a search concerning this question and couldn't find the answer so forgive m if its been asked before. Can anyone tell me how you detach the scubapro spg from the hose to replace the o-ring? What is the procedure?

PD

you need the correct size wrenches to seperate the spg from the hose. Inside is a HP spool or pin that actually has 2 orings on it. Best to replace both of them. a HP bullet tool is made that makes this a lot easier. the orings are very small and can be a biyatch to get on. Be sure to use a little lube ( I prefer Christolube) on them and be careful not to pinch them or unseat them. The latter is tough to do but I;ve seen it happen when the Spool was not lubed enough or the rings not fully seated in the grooves. This is also a good time to clean the threads with a little vinegar and water and a toothbrush to get the old grease out of there. The part you want to disassemble is where the gauge actually swivels on the hose. Not right at the spg.

I did a search concerning this question and couldn't find the answer so forgive m if its been asked before. Can anyone tell me how you detach the scubapro spg from the hose to replace the o-ring? What is the procedure?

PD

or you could simply replace the whole spool shouldnt run you more than $3-4 and is much easier than getting those very small O rings on and off. Cheers

Two wrenches on the correct connections ( the one downstream of the swivel and the one just downstream of that. Conventional threading. If the spindle (spool) comes out of both ends when detached, it is probably in pretty good shape. If it sticks in one end, you just have to work on it (or take it to someone with experience). Remove old o-rings carefully with a curved pick so as not to damage seating surfaces (or just relube them if there is no problem). I use christolube on the new o=rings and then stab them with the spool to get them started. I then hit them with more lube filling the glands, lube the threads to discourage corrosion, and reassemble. Hand tight and just a little bit more with the wrenches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom