ScubaPro SmartTrak doesn't identify Uwatec Aladin Prime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick Elena Judd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello. I have SmartTrak installed in Windows 8. An IrDA device is installed and functioning. The Aladin Prime recognises the IrDA device (confirmed by the IR connection icon on the Aladin display. However: when I try to upload dive data from the Aladin, within SmartTrak, it cannot find the connected Aladin. Is anyone able to advise please ? Thanks in advance, Nick

Has it ever worked? Is this the first time you've tried it or have been using it awhile and it's stopped working?
Does the IrDA show up in the Control Panel and in Device Manager when plugged in?

Is the IrDA the one supplied from Uwatec / Scubapro? Third party IrDA devices usually work, however, I've witnessed some that don't always work; the lap/desktop recognizes it, but not the dive computer.

Hello. Thank you for your responses. The IrDA is installed 100%, and can be managed under Windows Device Manager. I have been using the Aladin Prime for a while, but this is the first attempt to get the data into SmartTrak. I have now been able to transfer data over the IrDA, but it will transfer only aprx 30 dives - of the 200+ that I am able to see in the Aladin ! Do you have any thoughts on this please ? I select the "all dives" option under SmartTrak.

Thanks for your help. I've installed Subsurface, and it's great. However: it, too, downloads only 27 dives (the same as SmartTrak). SmartTrak shows that there are 293 dives stored in the the Aladin Prime.

Thanks for your help. I've installed Subsurface, and it's great. However: it, too, downloads only 27 dives (the same as SmartTrak). SmartTrak shows that there are 293 dives stored in the the Aladin Prime.

From the Subsurface FAQ:

Dive history is different than the dive profiles on the log. The history only keeps track of the total number of dives and total amount of time spent below surface. The logs, on the other hand, store the dive profile, but they have limited amount of memory to do so. The exact amount of dive profiles that can be stored on the device depend on sample interval and duration of the dives. Once the memory is full the oldest dives get overwritten with new dives. Thus we are only able to download the last 13, 30 or 199 dives.

If you have downloaded your dives to different dive logging software before they were overwritten, there is a high chance that Subsurface can import these. However, if the logs are only on your dive computer, they cannot be salvaged after being over written by new dives.

Thank you for this reply and info.... clearly I've been misunderstanding the dive-retention limit, and was focussing on the total number of dives (as opposed to accessible logs).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom