Scubapro Seawing Gorilla fins disintegrating, the improved version :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texasguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just found that my Scubapro Seawing Gorilla fins are breaking up where it should have been fixed by new design.

20140624_014019.jpg

20140624_013905.jpg

20140624_013936.jpg

What to do? When I bought them I thought this problem was solved...:confused:

Per marketing: "Durable Monprene® construction making SeaWing virtually indestructible."

Also in this post it it mentioned that Gorilla are 2nd generation and this "minor" breakage was addressed:
"The original Seawing Nova design did have some minor breakage (which is covered under our ltd lifetime warranty), however, the Gorilla is of the second generation design as are all of the Seawings being sold today."
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/408246-seawing-nova-gorilla.html#post6191938

Last edited:
Just found that my Scubapro Seawing Gorilla fins are breaking up where it should have been fixed by new design.

I'd suggest you handle it the same way you would handle any other defective product. Start by trying to return/exchange them? Maybe call SP?

If that doesn't work, throw them away and buy a decent pair of split fins!

I'd suggest you handle it the same way you would handle any other defective product. Start by trying to return/exchange them? Maybe call SP?

SCUBAPRO will replace your fins at no cost to you, as we always have with any warrantied fin. Please bring them back to your local dealer, or send me a PM.
Happy Diving!
kateSCUBAPRO

SCUBAPRO will replace your fins at no cost to you, as we always have with any warrantied fin. Please bring them back to your local dealer, or send me a PM.
Happy Diving!
kateSCUBAPRO

Problem solved. Way to go SCUBAPRO!

I know I am gonna start a fight here, and to each their own, but my Gorilla's outperform any "split fins" I have ever used. I own a pair of Twin Jets and have dove the Twin Jet Max just within the Scubapro product line and the Novas in general are far superior, even more so with the Gorillas.

View attachment 187194

View attachment 187195

View attachment 187196

Per marketing: "Durable Monprene® construction making SeaWing virtually indestructible."

Also in this post it it mentioned that Gorilla are 2nd generation and this "minor" breakage was addressed:
"The original Seawing Nova design did have some minor breakage (which is covered under our ltd lifetime warranty), however, the Gorilla is of the second generation design as are all of the Seawings being sold today."
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/408246-seawing-nova-gorilla.html#post6191938

Looks like a fatigue crack. It will probably happen again. Good thing SP has an excellent warranty policy :).

Warrantees are like spare tires. You need them only when something screwed up. No need for a warrantee if the product waa good in the first place.

I had a pair of Sea Wings back in 1987 and they failed in the exact same place that the current generation of fins still do as well.

Yeah, they are backed by a good warrantee but a breakage taking place while on a live aboard or extended vacation is just too much to accept regardless of warrantee.

There are many food fins in the market by SP and others. Why buy a design that has failed consistently for the past 2 decades?

I know I am gonna start a fight here, and to each their own, but my Gorilla's outperform any "split fins" I have ever used. I own a pair of Twin Jets and have dove the Twin Jet Max just within the Scubapro product line and the Novas in general are far superior, even more so with the Gorillas.

No fight from me, LOL. I was just poking fun at all the split-fin and Nova haters on this board. Actually used to love my splits until I tried some SW Novas. LOVE the Novas! The Gorillas were too hard on my battered knees, but the Novas are perfect.

No fight from me, LOL. I was just poking fun at all the split-fin and Nova haters on this board. Actually used to love my splits until I tried some SW Novas. LOVE the Novas! The Gorillas were too hard on my battered knees, but the Novas are perfect.
lol good deal, I wasn't talking about you specifically.

There are some passionate souls that lurk in these waters, who are never at a loss for an opinion! lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom