Scubapro S600 "Seat Saver"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdavo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Do I understand correctly that the S600 has a "seat saver" feature that prevents the LP seat from contacting the orifice when the reg is not pressurized? Meaning I couldn't dunk the reg set in my rinse tank after a dive because it would flood with water?

No, the S600 has a standard design that is closed when unpressurized.

But there's no problem soaking a seat-saver second stage like the Atomics in the sink. The water may run a few inches up the hose in the sink, but as long as you don't have your first stage below the second, the water won't go anywhere.
I usually just leave my firsts on the counter after rinsing, and soak the second stage in the sink. Let the second stage hang down to dry afterward and you're all set.

Seat savers are fantastic at decreasing the speed with which the seat takes a "set" from the pressure of the orifice. Since the seat lasts so much longer, service intervals are much longer as a result.

s600 doesn't have it. for the g260/r195 only an issue if you have it on when dunking the reg. the scubapro seat saver is manually activated by turning the purge button. it is different from the atomic version.

Thanks for the clarification. I have an S600 and a few G250s, and was thinking I would sell the S600 if I couldn't toss it in my rinse tank with all of my other gear after a dive.

Thanks for the clarification. I have an S600 and a few G250s, and was thinking I would sell the S600 if I couldn't toss it in my rinse tank with all of my other gear after a dive.
the g250 is the same design as the s600
just toss them in the bucket with a cap on the 1st stage side. even if you push the purge button (fresh) water in the second stage is harmless and blows out the next dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom