Scubapro S600 1/2 Gen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strategist.

Rubber Ducky
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Guys,

I wanted to clarify something. I am in the process of changing out my own hoses for two of my S600s. However, on one of the 2nd stages, there's an O-ring after the Jam Nut and on the other, there isn't an O-ring.

XFkhYhp

XFkhYhp

Imgur

Wanted to clarify if an O-ring is needed at this part.

Thanks,
Shaun

All of mine have an o-ring at the connection between the LP hose and the 2nd stage. Seems like it would be tough for it to not leak air without an oring. However, the o-ring stays with the hose on mine. Perhaps because I've got an XS swivel at that connection.

Some early vs late versions of the valve barrel (housing) on the 600 didn't have a groove to accept the outer oring.
20140920_083323.jpg
Without that groove, you should probably skip the oring, so that you can tighten your LP hose sufficiently (25-40 in-lb). With a compressible oring there and no groove, it acts like a rubber washer that may allow the hose to loosen.
If you DO have the groove, putting the oring in is still optional (though it's indicated in the schematics). The purpose is to decrease water flow under the nuts, to decrease verdigris corrosion. That works marginally well, and otherwise has no safety function that I'm aware of.

Thank you @kelemvor and @rsingler for your prompt replies! Mine does have the groove and I believe it wouldn't hurt to put one on there with the benefit of decreasing water flow under the nuts.

Thank you guys! :cheers:

All of mine have an o-ring at the connection between the LP hose and the 2nd stage. Seems like it would be tough for it to not leak air without an oring.

The seal between the LP hose and barrel occurs inside the barrel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom