Scubapro S360/S560/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wait the s360 is the same as an an r190 internally?

I checked SP's website, and the s360 is listed as a balanced reg. R190 is not a balanced reg.

I'm sorry. I was trying to post with a tablet and got too brief.

What I meant to say is there is rarely any really new regs in the Scubapro line (or most others). The basic inner workings and many parts stay the same. They just change the numbers and the outward appearance a bit so buyers think they are getting something new. I suspect an S360 is just a down sized G200B with more plastic on the inside.

I see as marketing. You dont want to undermine your 'top' product by reducing the price, but you can provide an entry product with a 'lower' product number and lower price, even though it is largely the same. In this case the s360 is a lot lower price and they removed the knob, the s560 is a slightly lower product number and price.

This is similar with the MK21, same insides as the MK25 but no swivel turret.

My understanding is the S360 is basically an S555 or a S560 without the adjustment knob. The 560 is the same as the older S600 with the plastic air barrel.

If you are looking for compatibility then you could also try a second generation G500 or a Subgear SG1000 or Cayman.

BTW, a MK21 uses a smaller piston than the MK25 so they are not the same internally.

I have made-up 50 service kits using aftermarket o-rings and trident mushroom style LP seats. This very much the most cost effective and easiest way to go.

My s600s are all plastic barrels some use the older balance chamber.

Getting the schematics for s360 or s560 would be great. Otherwise I might buy one and see for myself :wink:

Still don't have the schematics of the S560, but if you want the one of the S360, pm me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom