Scubapro R380 video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A couple of thoughts....

You might find it easier to assemble the poppet/washer/nut/lever assembly prior to putting the carrier into the case.

Second - I'm fairly certain Scubapro recommends retracting the poppet when attaching the seat assembly - less chance of cutting a "ring" in the poppet.

Looks good tho - how does it breathe

Murf

Good tip on the poppet, nut, washer, lever assembly. I'll give it a try next time I do it. This was the first time I tore the 380 down completly.
I always liked the way the 380 breathes but I just can't seem to get it to be as smooth as my old 108.

I always liked the way the 380 breathes but I just can't seem to get it to be as smooth as my old 108.

It's really quite easy to get your 380 to breathe as well as your HP (108). Just detune the HP.:D

A couple of thoughts....

You might find it easier to assemble the poppet/washer/nut/lever assembly prior to putting the carrier into the case.

Murf

Agree.

Based on the manual, it also guides a pre-assemble.

One more thought about your procedure is that you might need to check the number of turns on the nylon nut. One thread is more enough for the primary and two threads for the octo. It looked like you screwed down too much...:eyebrow:

Great clip and info for most divers. It will give a clear view and precedure than an acutal manual. :)

Just my 2 bar.

In my manuel, figure #4 is the valve assembly and figure #5 is the valve installation. If I actually read the instructions I would have clearly seen this is two procedures and not one. Thanks for the heads up.

BTW, how did you record it? Are you put the camera on the head?

Cool...... I hope you keep recording other 2nd stage and 1st stage for the reference. :)

Cool...... I hope you keep recording other 2nd stage and 1st stage for the reference. :)

I have an old bal adj that is in need of a diaphragm. If I can get a diaphragm for it I will film the assembly and put it on youtube.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom