Scubapro R109 overhaul- what parts/kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

navychop

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Help needed (still). LDS takes my R109 second stage and with other helpful advice, gets a G250 kit. They take it apart and say none of the parts match.

This was original purchase, not abused and I have a new first stage diaphragm to go with it.

What is needed? Pleeeeease help :D

Anybody out there overhaul these?

Austin Texas
DIMWIT <<<<<<I'm with

The R109 Adjustable was an unbalanced design. It uses the G200 kit. It can however be upgraded to an R156 Balanced Adjustable. You would just need to get a G250 spring and balance chamber to add to the G250 annual service kit you already have.

The R109 Adjustable was an unbalanced design. It uses the G200 kit. It can however be upgraded to an R156 Balanced Adjustable. You would just need to get a G250 spring and balance chamber to add to the G250 annual service kit you already have.

Absolutely positively G200, not G250 :)

DA Aquamaster is right and it will make it a better reg. :D But if you want to keep it the same you need a G200 kit or it depends on the popet if it is a white one you could put a R190 pad in it. If it is blue you need to get a new popet. There is a difference in the 250 and the 200 popets the 250 hass two little o-ring on the tail and the 200 has no tail and no o-rings. I hope this helps

Thanks to all of you and those that were lurking and sent private messages. I'm passing the info to my LDS and hopefully this will all be history soon. Everybody has been very helpful, Thanks to scubaboard for this great service.
Navychop, TSD (Texas Swamp Diver) in Austin Texas

Do you know if there is an exploded diagram of those online somewhere?

Navychop,

Are you interested in upgrading your 109 to a Balanced Adjustable or keeping it as a non-balanced adjustable?

Beano,

Here are a couple of websites with tons of regulator specific manuals: The BA is basically the same as the G250 but no removable air barrel and no Viva vane.

Regulator manuals

http://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/

couv

Back
Top Bottom