Question Scubapro R109 and MK5 Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your 109 poppet takes the puck seats, you can use a leather punch and a strip of EPDM to make them, as long as you don't want to convert to balanced.

Almost all the service parts are O-rings except the HP seat. Aftermarket HP seats are readily available. My favorite place for anything O-rings is www.theoringstore.com. There are annotated assembly diagrams for the MKV, 109, et. al. and you can find the right O-ring sizes there.

As for the 109 poppet seat, they are easy to make (see aquaregia) earlier. I also DIYed a brass collar to keep the poppet seat in place. It is in a thread on the subject somewhere. I made a lifetime supply about 6-7 years ago, so have forgotten the details.

Exhaust Tees are very easy to make serviceable ones. I just use a piece of clear vinyl tubing with a hole just big enough for the metal flange. Stays on WAY better than the aftermarket silicone ones.

One-way exhaust valves are common items. 2nd stage diaphragms are likely common also, but I bought a lifetime supply and haven't looked lately. No, none of it is for sale. The diaphragm cover is easily DIYable - I made mine by casting, but 3D print with TPU would be a much better way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom