Scubapro Oneflex or Aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Disco King

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

Has anyone had Oneflex, Bare Elastek or Waterproof W2? I am interested in buying a reasonably priced wetsuit (closeout) to dive 72F for two days, 8 dives on a liveaboard. While I do not dive often so rental is economical, I would like to buy something fits me better.

A few options I have considered are Scubapro Oneflex 5mm, Bare Elastek or Velocity 5mm. I looked into 7mm Waterproof W2 as I feel cold easily. How do they fit, would it be warm enough?

My friend is willing to give her size 5/6 7mm Aqua lung rental. I heard it is not very flexible and 7mm requires a lot of extra weight.. as I can't try it on in person I looked up Aqua lung size chart. It says waist 23 - 25 and chest 30 - 32 inches. It is 2 inches smaller than my actual measurement. Would it still work?

As a frerance, I have 3mm small size Oceanic. It fits me perfectly although measurement for bust, waist and hips is 1-2 inches smaller than my actual body size (34-28-37). I am 5.4 (162cm) and 122 lbs (56kg). Reco on other suit that you might have enjoyed is welcome too. Thanks!

Last edited:
The AquaLung High Value (rental suits) tend to be a little stiff. I wear both the 5/3 and the 7mm suit myself as work suits, and we have these suits in our rental stock. When I fit out a female Diver I always provide a suit one size larger than their normal dress size, and they usually have a good fit. Sounds to me that a 5/6 suit may be too small if you are already outside the size chart. These suits are super warm and are a great value. I use the same amount of weight with these suits as I do with my Henderson and AL Aquaflex 7mm suits. The less expensive 7mm suits are all a bit stiff, but you get what you pay for. IMO the best suits available are the new AquaLung Aquaflex suits. They all have welded seems, no hem cuffs, easy on and offf, and they are warm. My Full 5mm is almost as warm as a 7mm.

The AquaLung High Value (rental suits) tend to be a little stiff. I wear both the 5/3 and the 7mm suit myself as work suits, and we have these suits in our rental stock. When I fit out a female Diver I always provide a suit one size larger than their normal dress size, and they usually have a good fit. Sounds to me that a 5/6 suit may be too small if you are already outside the size chart. These suits are super warm and are a great value. I use the same amount of weight with these suits as I do with my Henderson and AL Aquaflex 7mm suits. The less expensive 7mm suits are all a bit stiff, but you get what you pay for. IMO the best suits available are the new AquaLung Aquaflex suits. They all have welded seems, no hem cuffs, easy on and offf, and they are warm. My Full 5mm is almost as warm as a 7mm.
Wow. Thank you so much for all the information. I am looking into waterproof w2 and aquaflex.

I’ve had two Wareproof suits. Had issues with knee pads that just peeled off. Returned one suit and was sent another, same problem, and have heard this from other divers. Gave the second suit to a boat bottom cleaner. I hope they corrected this issue, otherwise nice suits. JMO.

I’ve had two Wareproof suits. Had issues with knee pads that just peeled off. Returned one suit and was sent another, same problem, and have heard this from other divers. Gave the second suit to a boat bottom cleaner. I hope they corrected this issue, otherwise nice suits. JMO.
Thanks! Are they true to size? My measurement is between S and M.

I read review waterproof W2 torso is short. How's fitting for you?

Between Aquaflex and Waterproof, which one do you like better?

I am a true size large in all my suits. Waterproof W3 size large was tight and the prebent (don’t know if that’s a feature now) arms were short on me. I can only speak for myself, but I would recommend the Aquaflex. Go try one on, never buy a wet suit without trying one on. Not an Item to buy on line. Again JMO.

I am a true size large in all my suits. Waterproof W3 size large was tight and the prebent (don’t know if that’s a feature now) arms were short on me. I can only speak for myself, but I would recommend the Aquaflex. Go try one on, never buy a wet suit without trying one on. Not an Item to buy on line. Again JMO.
Much appreciate it! It makes a lot of sense to try it on before buying. Unfortunately, I love in a small city with limited options ☹

message one of the retailers like DRIS or LP that has a larger internet presence. They may be willing to let you try a few different suits out and only keep the one that fits best. if you have skinny arms/legs relative to your torso, a semidry may be the better option

2nd the Aqua Lung AquaFlex line. I have their 3mm, 5mm, and 8/7 semidry. I also have their 3/4/5 hooded vest.

As mentioned, easy on and off, fits VERY well, and also fits a variety of body types due to its stretch and design. Our diving friends all have them and that is how I know. We are very varied. It’s a little more expensive but you can tell and feel the difference.

If for a liveaboard, could you get away with getting a hooded vest and layering on top of a wetsuit you already have?

Hi there! Thank you so much.

Does Aquflex fit true to size for you? I am 5.4 and 121 lb. Based on the size chart 6 would work. Would it same story for an Aquaflex hooded vest?

Layering sounds a good economical option. If I get a hooded vest on the link below wear my 3mm suit (old), would it be warm enough for south Komodo (72F consecutive dives)? My local store recommended it. Or should I get 7mm or 5 mm + hooded vest? Some folks said 5mm fullsuit + 5mm hooded vest were not warm enough in south Komodo. Closeout Aqualung Aquaflex Hooded Vest - 6/5/3mm - Size 4
I will appreciate your insights and experiences.

Back
Top Bottom