ScubaPro Nova 700 beam angle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B

Kimber/TekDiveGirl storyteller and memory keeper
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking for information on the new Nova 700 (3 C cell model) beam angle that I've not been able to find out, here in the manufactures forums, a scubapro PDF, review, specs ... it's not listed ... is it a tight beam , or more flood like ?
SCUBAPRO - NOVA 700

it looks promising until i see :

Over-pressure valve releases any battery off-gassing - the ultimate dive light safety feature not normally found on torches in this price point

and at that step my interest stops

I have see many of that scubapro valves and I don't like them at all . I have one time only hydrogen gas build in my backup lamp ( GS35 ) no problems at all i noticed gas when I change batteries.

So i don't know why such panic for that vent .... have anybody see scooter with much more Wh pack with such valves ?

Because of O ring you can't just put some glue and made water tight , you have to bore and cut threads then put some seal on and then tighten the screw

Reactions: D_B
Why won't ScubaPro Answer?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

I just tested the 700 Nova in Coz. It is a nice small light with a tight beam angle. I'll try to get the spec. I used the rechargeable version.

Reactions: D_B
Why won't ScubaPro Answer?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
I posted this question in the Scuba Pro manufactures forum as well , still no answer, nor to the email I sent them

I just tested the 700 Nova in Coz. It is a nice small light with a tight beam angle. I'll try to get the spec. I used the rechargeable version.
the rechargeable version has a 15* spot according to information at Simply Scuba
dont know what the C battery version is , although I think I saw 10* mentioned somewhere

I posted this question in the Scuba Pro manufactures forum as well , still no answer, nor to the email I sent them

the rechargeable version has a 15* spot according to information at Simply Scuba
dont know what the C battery version is , although I think I saw 10* mentioned somewhere

The light head on both versions is the same, so if the r is 15 so is the C cell. I too have had a search but no joy.

if they are the same head, I wonder what the point is in stating you can switch it with the 700R ?

I'd imagine because you can then choose between the smaller rechargeable canister and the larger longer running C Cell, form factor.

---------- Post added May 15th, 2015 at 06:59 AM ----------

MB-Sub do the the same with their X1 range, L4M do the same as do TillyTec, there may be others I'm not sure.

---------- Post added May 15th, 2015 at 07:00 AM ----------

I think the "r" refers to the canister and not the head.

I think the "r" refers to the canister and not the head.

''R'' is normally used in context with ''rechargeable''

The NOVA 700R measures only 5.5 inches (14cm) in length and is powered by a single 18650 Lithium-ion or Lithium-ion polymer (LiPo)battery that provides 2.5 hours of burn time.

that direct means probably different led driver (cca 3,7V Lipo ( linear - sepic/boost ) vs 4,5 V ZnMnC classic battery (linear- buck/sepic ) ) means direct led effciency along time scale

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom