Scubapro MK25 Piston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
My MK25 is around 7 years old and the last time I serviced it I got unstable IP readings. It starts at 140 psi then creeps up to 152 then down to 148. Creeping up happens in minutes but it takes more to get down to 148. I donno if that is a Piston issue. I tried changing the HP Seat but same thing happened.
Any suggestions? And if it is a Piston issue where can I get it from?
Thanks...

look at the sealing edge of the piston for radial scoring under high magnification if you can - you likely have some damage which is causing the erratic behavior. You can buy a new piston or repair the one you have using multiple steps of very fine abrasive paper and micropolishing the edge. There's a great tutorial by one of the reg guru's on this board - can't remember the title but M25 piston should get you there. It's here and worked great for me on a piston that had the same issues.

That looks great buddy. I'll go through it and see what I can do.
Thanks loads...

Back
Top Bottom