Scubapro MK25 EVO OEM airflow specs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Open Ocean Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Question for the techs… So the OEM airflow specs for the MK25 says 301 SCFM. I tested this on my Dwyer flowmeter and only measured 30 SCFM.

Is this false advertising or might I be doing something wrong?

Connected an LP port to the flowmeter opened the valve fully, tested with and without the muffler and measured no more than 30 SCFM.

Also tested the MK10 @28 SCFM

Just a guess ... maybe the spec is for total combined flow through all ports or max flow through the piston. You are measuring just one port, i imagine? The size of the port is probably the limiting factor to scfm.

Question for the techs… So the OEM airflow specs for the MK25 says 301 SCFM. I tested this on my Dwyer flowmeter and only measured 30 SCFM.

Is this false advertising or might I be doing something wrong?

Connected an LP port to the flowmeter opened the valve fully, tested with and without the muffler and measured no more than 30 SCFM.

Also tested the MK10 @28 SCFM
Is it connected to a regular tank? If it is you are probably limited by the valve flow rate which for a yoke connector is about those values.

Is it connected to a regular tank? If it is you are probably limited by the valve flow rate which for a yoke connector is about those values.
Yep from what I can find you are right… limited by the tank valve 30 SCFM. Seems the MK25 flows no better than the MK10 in the real world.

Apart from the limiting tank valve factor is the max flow of a 1st measured with all LP Ports open as far as I remember.

Yep from what I can find you are right… limited by the tank valve 30 SCFM. Seems the MK25 flows no better than the MK10 in the real world.

How about that, you have effectively demonstrated why the flow rates are mostly meaningless hype. Something that some of us have been screeching about for years.

To be fair, you could concoct some scenarios, like two divers breathing off the same first stage at 200 ft, where the MK25 might drop less in IP under sever demand, meaning that the divers might experience a bit less inhalation resistance. But I suspect if 2 divers are sharing air off a single tank at 200 ft, the last thing they're thinking about is 'wow, this reg is a bit harder to breathe than normal'.

Mostly the MK25 is better because the IP can be adjusted easily beyond that …

Back
Top Bottom