scubapro mk21 and tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi, would a scubapro mk21 with the 5th port cap be a good reg for tech?

Will the 5th port make routing with long hoses better on a single tank?

Has anyone tried it on a twinset?

I wanted a mk19 but very hard to get in my country.... realize mk21 is cheaper

The MK21 is a nice regulator. For single tank back mount diving I like the compact size of the MK21 over the MK25. I don't find an advantage to the rotating turret on single tank back mount diving. However, when adding the 5th Port Cap to the MK21, the price is not far from a MK25 EVO. Between the two, I think the MK25 is superior for sidemount or back mount doubles compared to the MK21. Below is 2019 USA List Pricing. 2020 prices could be a bit higher.

Prices in the Philippines may be different, but I suspect the cost ratio will be similar.

MK21 DIN 1st Stage - $324
MK21 CAP - $54
Total: $378

MK25 EVO 1st Stage: $383

Mk21 din with the cap = 280
Mk25 din. = 300 i think... ill have to recheck

any idea how much a mk19 would go? this was my 1st choice

although the idea of no revolving turret. less mechanism?

I don't have the list prices for the MK19. It will arrive in the USA in a few months from what I understand. I believe it will only be available with an included second stage (D420 maybe??) initially. The MK19 is not a new design, it was never released in the USA, but it was available in other countries previously.

I don't have the list prices for the MK19. It will arrive in the USA in a few months from what I understand. I believe it will only be available with an included second stage (D420 maybe??) initially. The MK19 is not a new design, it was never released in the USA, but it was available in other countries previously.
yeah theyre selling it way expensive over here. more expensive than a mk25 with s600

whats expensive ? is it the the d420? looks huge

The swivel turret means that when you donate your long hose to an out of air diver, the turret can rotate and let the long hose route straight over your shoulder, instead of having to make a 90 degree bend straight out of the 1st stage.

For buying any kind of reg for tech, I would always get 1st stages with a swivel turret and a bottom LP port. It's the do-it-all setup that will be able to handle any needs you ever have for it.

I have a set of ScubaPro Mk 25 EVO + G260 that I use for twinset. But, I have since got a set of Atomic M1 regs that I also use for twinset. They have replaced the ScubaPro regs, in my twinset diving. I still have the SP regs for backup, but if they price is anywhere near the same, I would take the Atomics instead, mainly because they are sealed (and they breathe just as well).

The swivel turret means that when you donate your long hose to an out of air diver, the turret can rotate and let the long hose route straight over your shoulder, instead of having to make a 90 degree bend straight out of the 1st stage.

For buying any kind of reg for tech, I would always get 1st stages with a swivel turret and a bottom LP port. It's the do-it-all setup that will be able to handle any needs you ever have for it.

I have a set of ScubaPro Mk 25 EVO + G260 that I use for twinset. But, I have since got a set of Atomic M1 regs that I also use for twinset. They have replaced the ScubaPro regs, in my twinset diving. I still have the SP regs for backup, but if they price is anywhere near the same, I would take the Atomics instead, mainly because they are sealed (and they breathe just as well).
correct me if im wrong dont you put the long hose on the bottom 5th port? in out of air situation you donate the long hose. the turret wont matter

correct me if im wrong dont you put the long hose on the bottom 5th port? in out of air situation you donate the long hose. the turret wont matter

For a twinset configuration, the way I was trained, if the 1st stage has a swivel turret and bottom port, then the long hose goes on the swivel turret of the 1st stage that is on the right post. The LP inflator hose for your wing comes out the bottom port, runs behind your neck, over your left shoulder and down to connect to the wing's power inflator.

So, the 1st stage is mounted such that the bottom port points to the diver's left - not down.

i have not dives twins but been studying an hoping to train for one.

theres 1 pix i saw of 2 mk25s and it goes like this

both mk 25s are tilted such that they form a V.

Long hose from LEFT 1st stage bottom port.
necklaced reg from RIGHT 1st stage swivel.
inflator from RIGHT 1st stage swivel.
i forgot where the dry suit inflator was attached since im in the tropics. it was there didnt put much heed on it.

i figured each 2nd stage comes from a different 1st stage..

but again i just got it somewhere on the forum

i have not dives twins but been studying an hoping to train for one.

theres 1 pix i saw of 2 mk25s and it goes like this

both mk 25s are tilted such that they form a V.

Long hose from LEFT 1st stage bottom port.
necklaced reg from RIGHT 1st stage swivel.
inflator from RIGHT 1st stage swivel.
i forgot where the dry suit inflator was attached since im in the tropics. it was there didnt put much heed on it.

i figured each 2nd stage comes from a different 1st stage..

but again i just got it somewhere on the forum

Everybody I know does it like it's shown here (scroll down a ways):

Equipment Configuration

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom