Scubapro MK20 Ultralite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perryed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have one of these and it hads had the non explosion update installed. I was wondering why these were made for such a short time as they seem to be a good very light 1st stage reg. I know they are aluminum. Is there any particular care I should take of this over and above the normal care and maintenance?

I think that they had problems when the customer did a lot of diving in saltwater and didn't spend a lot of time at the rinse tank. Really messed up the inside parts.
As "Devil Gas" became more socially acceptable, the aluminum reg declined in popularity.
Michael

An excellent example of SP engineers and marketing people coming up with a solution to a non existent problem.

I have one of these. Dove it about 30 times before I couldn't any more. Looks like a dried prune from all the pitting and chipping on the body. Best use is showing peeps and saying "Wanna feel a really light reg?". Lot of oohs and aahs follow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom