Regulator Geeks: Scubapro Mk19EVO - teardown & discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Poseidon is next.
I have a new S270 on order. If someone can loan me their S620Ti, we can do a side by side. Or I'll at least get an S600.
Air 1, Pilot, D-series will take more preparation than I have spare time for right now.
But soon!

I am SUPER interested in the MK25 spec boot....that would be a great option for those that do experience the wear first hand. If anyone has any info on this, please share!
Project has been on hiatus (too many irons in the fire). I have soft MK20 boots on hand, but the MK25 boot project needs more hours than I have available right now.

Respectfully,

James

I have a new S270 on order. If someone can loan me their S620Ti, we can do a side by side. Or I'll at least get an S600.
Air 1, Pilot, D-series will take more preparation than I have spare time for right now.
But soon!

My [humble] vote is a 4th gen [metal air barrel] S600 and S620...well, the idea is...if I dive the S600 line for my whole life...then whatever is the one to get that will have the best service availability over the long haul. That one :)

And the MK25 :D

Project has been on hiatus (too many irons in the fire). I have soft MK20 boots on hand, but the MK25 boot project needs more hours than I have available right now.

Respectfully,

James
I hear ya...feel free to send over any info, data, leads you got on the subject if you want. :)

My [humble] vote is a 4th gen [metal air barrel] S600 and S620...well, the idea is...if I dive the S600 line for my whole life...then whatever is the one to get that will have the best service availability over the long haul. That one :)

And the MK25 :D

I hear ya...feel free to send over any info, data, leads you got on the subject if you want. :)
Would be interesting to compare the whole "S" line, as I have an S560 with a plastic barrel and that thing has an insane purge on it.
A little pros and cons section for plastic (Sorry, technopolymer?) and metal barrels in the vid would be nice.

Would be interesting to compare the whole "S" line, as I have an S560 with a plastic barrel and that thing has an insane purge on it.
A little pros and cons section for plastic (Sorry, technopolymer?) and metal barrels in the vid would be nice.
I’ve always liked the plastic barrels over the metal, they, for me, tune better and perform better but now fully onboard the D train.

That's a good idea, @Bald Wookie !
The S560 was very underrated, especially when you consider the few times we ever do anything with the adjustment knob.
Yeah, it'd be fun to do a history of Scubapro's evolution of the balanced design. Let me start collecting regs.

My first good reg set was an S555 and MK25...I sold the S555 later on, had no idea what I had at the time lol

My 555 became a 600 (parts update). No regrets....

But soon!
Would one S620Ti and one MK25Evo help ?
I can supply both :D And also provide/pay for a service kit. Since you de-assemble them let's service them.
I namely have a few sets that have 100+ dives in caves of the Yucatan, there's calcium that needs to be cleaned up. I was planning on servicing them myself soon, but if you want to have fun let me know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom