Scubapro MK17 G250V BRAND NEW with parts cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magrone...good luck selling it. If I needed a new reg I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat. I bought a used Uwatec computer used and it needed a new battery (not user replaceable). When I bought it I got the "batteries for life" card and original receipt. I was a new customer to the LDS but they made it clear, the average LDS doesn't care what name they put into the computer and on paperwork they send to the manufacturer. It's also unlikely the manufacturer is going to go out of their way checking every one. I got the batteries replaced free of charge. The LDS has since made a few grand in sales to me.

Point being, if someone is interested, even a modest relationship with your LDS/SP dealer will possibly make it possible to get service under warranty. Plus, if it's not even registered yet, might be even easier. Retailers would much rather we all buy new so gotta take that into account when they post on here saying "buyer beware." Conflict of interest?

Thanks on_two_wheels,

I appreciate that. My thoughts are the same. This seems similar to buying the reg as a gift for someone. I wouldn't register the reg in my name if someone else was going to use it and have it serviced.

New price $400. Firm.

This Reg can still have the Parts for life. Scubapro's policy does state the original owner, But as long as you send the New customer buying your reg the original recipt along with your name etc... they then can present that to the LDS. and Simply state I am dropping off/Picking this reg up for this friend Thats it. How do I know it will work becuase I have purchased online and done this.

I also own this exact reg setup, Actually both my girlfriend and I do as well as a few others and this is an exceptional reg. It breathes great, can go in any waters (Warm/cold/Ice/contaminated) since its a sealed reg. And the G250 is a tried and true reg that has been around for a longtime and perfected to an even better reg over the years.

Sale pending

Attachments

• IMG_4540.jpg
    IMG_4540.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4538.jpg
    IMG_4538.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 46
It is getting more difficult to get Scubapro gear serviced under warrenty as now the gear is registered at the time of sale to the original owner on scubapro dealer web site.Does not matter if you have card or sales receipt under a fake name ..If you have to go thru the extreme of lying and using a alias to get free parts that is not going to be as easy as you think it may be.Many LDS know who their customers are.

Here is the SP policy on warranty of regs in a nut shell; SP warranties apply to the original purchaser who purchases their SP item from an authorized SP dealer. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser who purchased the SP item from an authorized dealer and is NOT transferable to a second owner.

I am a SP Pro tech and in short this is how it works:

1) If you are the ORGINAL purchaser of the reg and you have proof of purchase (receipt) from your LDS you may register your new reg in 1 of 3 ways, 1) The dealer you purchased from can register it for you at the time of purchase 2) You can fill out the warranty card and mail it in 3) Register your reg on line with SP

2) Once registered you are entitled to have your reg serviced every year by your AUTHORIZED SP dealer. The parts are free but you will pay for the labor.

3) YOU MUST service your reg with an ATHORIZED SP dealer ever 12 months to keep the warranty and free parts service plan in place, if you don't, you will lose your free parts for life warranty.

4) The dealer will check online with SP to ensure that you are the original owner and that you have kept up your warranty. The dealer updates your service profile every year by a) updating your profile on line or b) they fill out a 3 part form that shows you serviced it. They keep one copy give you one and send one to SP. Please note a lot of dealers are doing the online updates it just makes it easier.

In Closing: SP warranties are made for the original purchaser of any SP gear and ARE NOT transferable if you should sell the item to someone else. As long as you bought you gear from an authorized SP dealer and you have your proof of purchase and you register you product with SP you are good to go. There are companies that do sell SP online and may have their own warranty plans in place but you will need to talk to them

I hope this clears up the debacle and closes this thread…… Nuff said!

It is getting more difficult to get Scubapro gear serviced under warrenty as now the gear is registered at the time of sale to the original owner on scubapro dealer web site.Does not matter if you have card or sales receipt under a fake name ..If you have to go thru the extreme of lying and using a alias to get free parts that is not going to be as easy as you think it may be.Many LDS know who their customers are.

Ok, this is getting ridiculous, or hilllarious, I can't decide. Who said anything about fake names? Am I fake buyer? Is this "extreme... lying" Wait, don't answer, I've decided. This is ridiculous. Close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom