Scubapro MK 5 OEM part #'s for the 'piston' ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafanatic

Contributor
Reaction score
I while back I bought (3) MK 5 pistons with part # : 10-101-003, then this past week bought (2) MK 5 pistons (at least they were advertised as being for the MK 5) with part #: 10-600-103.
Are both part #'s really pistons for MK 5's ? The 10-600-103 appears to be the 'newer' shouldered version of the piston, which is fine, but the piston head groove where the big O-ring would be installed is noticeably wider than the same groove on the non-shouldered piston part # 10-101-003, so I'm wondering if part # 10-600-103 really is for a MK 5 ?

Thanks in advance!

Karl

My schematics show a 10-600-103 as being a Mk15 piston. That wider groove accommodates the backup ring.

Also, my schematic shows the 10-101-103 as being the newer shouldered version of a Mk5 piston. I do not have a reference for a pn for the non-shouldered version.

Last edited by a moderator:
My schematics show a 10-600-103 as being a Mk15 piston. That wider groove accommodates the backup ring.

Also, my schematic shows the 10-101-103 as being the newer shouldered version of a Mk5 piston. I do not have a reference for a pn for the non-shouldered version.

Thanks for the clarifications! Yea, I somehow doubted the 10-600-103 really was for a MK 5, the wider groove is just too wide to see how it could work for a MK 5,

Karl

I think you meant 10-101-003? I see shouldered and other models with the XX-XXX-003 (not 103).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom