Scubapro miflex hose on non Scubapro reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soamelt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a miflix LP regulator hose from someone (thought I was getting an XS), but received a Scubapro one. Should there be any problems using on my Zeagle reg?

Thanks,

Greg

Unless there is a special sized fitting, it should work OK. Most Scubapro hoses have a standard sized fitting with the connection that is best tightened with a specialized wrench,... However, a pair of pliers or channel locks will work in a pinch.

I just bought a miflix LP regulator hose from someone (thought I was getting an XS), but received a Scubapro one. Should there be any problems using on my Zeagle reg?

Thanks,

Greg

Unless there is a special sized fitting, it should work OK. Most Scubapro hoses have a standard sized fitting with the connection that is best tightened with a specialized wrench,... However, a pair of pliers or channel locks will work in a pinch.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but you have no business changing out a hose on a regulator, if:

1. You have to ask about it on an Internet message Board; or

2. You accept a suggestion that you should do it with a pair of pliers.

The
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but you have no business changing out a hose on a regulator, if:

Then, please, what would you suggest, if someone does not have the specialized wrench & want it tighter than hand tight? BTW, I am a SP service tech. I said in a pinch, it can & does work... best way? No.

I was asking beacuse I read a thread about l someone having problems with one these hoses and wasn't sure if Scubapro used a non standard hose size or connectors. I have no problem taking to my LDS to do.

Thanks you for going out on a limb to just to add your 2 cents

Wrap the nut up in a sock and scratches are prevented

If, in fact, you want that look. Over the years I have found that pristine gear disappears faster than that with the old and well used look.

Bob
------------------------------
Posting from the dent and scratch asile.

****, I guess I'm going to die any moment!

I was asking beacuse I read a thread about l someone having problems with one these hoses and wasn't sure if Scubapro used a non standard hose size or connectors. I have no problem taking to my LDS to do.

Thanks you for going out on a limb to just to add your 2 cents

Awap's method is just fine for a fitting that needs to be just slightly more than finger tight. If you do decide to take it to the dive shop make sure they are a Scubapro dealer. If your local dive shop does not have the proper tool you will get the pliers method anyway.

IMG_2513.JPG

Screw Scubapro and their proprietary fixtures, grab it with a pliers and do what your gotta do. I've been doing it for years. Sure it gets scratched a tad and is not quite as pretty but it still works just fine. You can put some duct tape over the jaw teeth to soften the impact.

Don't want to do that, get the wrench or pay a professional to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: gbf
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom