Scubapro Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MPR

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
What is the difference between the Frameless and Frameless 2 masks? I notice in the LDS that there is a about a $30. difference between the two.

I've wondered the same thing. I've held them both in my hands at the same time, stared and stared, but couldn't tell the difference. They are both listed on the manuf website so I infer they are both current models.

One difference I can see is the buckle system. Not sure what the advantage might be other than to move the buckles back which might accomodate the shorter length replacement straps.

As well as the Frameless and Frameless II, what about the Trinidad? It's also frameless and very inexpensive, I bought one of those as it fit better than the other two.

My only problem with it is with 3 of my last five students, I've had to swap masks and dive with their ill fitting stuff! Maybe I should buy a spare.

Dennis

The main difference is the buckle as awap mentioned and Framless II isn't a truely fremaless design. But, it isn't hard to tell which one is better because the mask should be fit to your face.

Get the framless clone mask.. I am looking at SP frameless and clone ons in front of my desk. There is no difference at all.

Where can you get the clone?

I used to use a Scubapro frameless mask but I had problems with the skirt debonding from the glass. As far as I could tell there is no readily available adhesive on the planet that will stick them back together once they separate. Dealer support however was excellent and they replaced the mask under warranty even though it was over 2 years old. Given the choice, I opted to upgrade to a newer design rather than to repeat the same mistake.

In my opinion and experience, there is a good reason the Frameless 2 mask is not really "frameless" like the original. If you really want a frameless mask, I definitely would not buy a Framless clone unless the company offers an excellent warranty.

Devcon will not work. It does not stick to silicon.

Check before giving advice here Militantmedic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom