ScubaPro Logtrak (Dive Map Location Not Working)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mockney

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Just adding in some of my dives into Logtrak today, I have a few some new dive sites so I needed to update the location and the map. For some reason the actual google map is no longer working, I can't get it off the 'demo' page and actually locate the dive site. I have noticed some other web sites running google maps has recently gone into demo mode (PADI's Scubaearth for example). Is this a google thing or am I missing some type of upgrade or plug in to get it to work again. Anyone else having the same issue?.

Many Thanks

You are not alone,
I was reviewing this software along with the older version SmartTrak. Initially I was able to create dive locations with Google maps but recently I have been unable to. I tried the software on two different computers with the same result. I suspect you are correct. Google has done something to make this nonoperational.

Scubapro has recently upgraded Logtrak to version 1.6.0.1.
https://ww2.scubapro.com/en-GB/SWE/instruments/computers/products/logtrak.aspx

the History notes indicate two changes;
  1. Database migration to meet latest dive computer
  2. User settings
With regards to Google maps dive location; the system just produces an error message so this issue has yet to be fixed.
Scubapro GPS error.PNG

ver 1.6.03 (Mac) & firmware release for HUD May 2019, still has same issue.

Same with the windows version. You would have thought they would have had this fixed for the HUD since it has GPS. I wonder if it is a commercial licensing issue?

Thats the story I got from USA & Europe

I still face the same issue with my G2 (new ver 1.6.03 (Mac) & firmware release for HUD May 2019 installed)
Although I've no problem to accept that to get an agreement with Google (if this is the hurdle to overcome) could be probably not an easy matter to bring to a good solution, what I cannot accept is hat Scubapro does not provide any detail to customers who have registered their computer into their official website.

Is there any mechanism to manually load locations into Logtrak? Seems it can't be a complete logbook without some mechanism to load locations even if manually. Google integration is interesting but I just want to replace my paper logbook.

Why not use Subsurface? Free and far better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom