Scubapro Jet Sport Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annasea

Contributor
Reaction score
In my seemingly neverending search for the *perfect* fin, I came across these on the Scubapro website.

I tried googling around for more info but didn't find any reviews which leads me to believe they've not yet been released in North America. They are available for sale through a couple of shops in the EU though.

They're a little longer and narrower than traditional Jets, but I'm hoping they've been designed to be an *improvement*.

Has anyone tried them? And feedback would be most appreciated. :)

I know I am late to the party, but I just tried a pair tonight.
I too am still searching for the perfect fin. At one point I had 11 pair in my garage. So Here is what I have so far (without a huge fin review).
My favorite fin of all I have ever used (splits and paddles including Jets, Apollos etc) is my old pair of USD original Blades. Not the Blades 2, and not the original Blades2. LOL.The Origanal Blades from last century.

LDS loaned me a pair of Sports and I took them and my Blades to the pool tonight. The Sports are much lighter though very similar in size. Very nice in that they have a slick inner pocket for easy on and off. The blade is kind of made up with panels similar to the Atomics, but the Scubapro is clearly more robust. Fresh water the Blades are most definitely negative. The Sports were slightly positive.
I do better with more positive fins, so I am very interested in the Sports.

My swim test was pretty basic. At my "battle speed" pace with the Blades I covered 25 yards in just under 20 seconds and 35-36 kicks. In the Sports, I did it it in just over 20 seconds with 37-39 kicks. I could not tell if one fin "winded" more than the other. I plan on doing multiple laps tomorrow if I have time.

In a nutshell:
The USD Blades still seem to perfrom better for me and are more stable.
The Sports are more comfortable, easier to doff and don and have a real deck friendly bottom.

I will play in the pool some this week, but will dive them both Saturday. If the positive buoyancy of the Sports work better for me, I will buy a pair.

Attachments

• fins & more 006.jpg
    fins & more 006.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 3,943
Hey, thanks for posting, Tim! (Sorry, I didn't see this post until now.)

Did you get a chance to try the fins out in an OW setting? If so, how were they? I'm not too concerned about speed... I'm curious to know how they performed the various kicks, especially the frog kick.

Once again, any feedback would be most appreciated. :)

I'm sort of a fin fanatic, too.

I try a lot of fins, and my absolute favorites are the APS Mantaray Fins (APS Mantaray Home Page). My SAC rate improved when I started using these fins. They have practically no drag in the water and are very powerful.

To be honest, the rest of my fins are now hanging from hooks in my barn.

Here is the review of these fins I wrote.
http://www.atomicpirate.com/Reviews/20091015MantarayFins.html

Jeff

I too have tried several fins. These look interesting.

I love my jets. Too bad these don't come in solid black. sigh

I think for me my two favourite fins are quatro, Mares and my ols school jet fin. I don't like positive bouyancy in a fin though.
Please dont start on masks though it took me about 5 or 6 years and I bought two, now that one is looking a bit drab so I guess I have to start all over again.

Hey, thanks for posting, Tim! (Sorry, I didn't see this post until now.)

Did you get a chance to try the fins out in an OW setting? If so, how were they? I'm not too concerned about speed... I'm curious to know how they performed the various kicks, especially the frog kick.

Once again, any feedback would be most appreciated. :)

I was interested because of the weight and positive buoyancy. My favorite fins are my USD original blades, but they are negative.

In any event, I liked the fins a lot, but not as much as my Blades. So, frankly, once I made that call, I really did not put the Sport fins through the paces.

Sorry. I really should have considering my previous post.

In my seemingly neverending search for the *perfect* fin, I came across these on the Scubapro website.

I tried googling around for more info but didn't find any reviews which leads me to believe they've not yet been released in North America. They are available for sale through a couple of shops in the EU though.

They're a little longer and narrower than traditional Jets, but I'm hoping they've been designed to be an *improvement*.

Has anyone tried them? And feedback would be most appreciated. :)

What do you find interesting about them?

What do you find interesting about them?

Apparently, they're much lighter than Jets and the foot pocket looks far more comfortable. I'm hoping they perform similar to Jets...

I went looking for a positive fin to use for pool sessions with students, and I ended up with the Deep See Pulse fins. I haven't tried them in OW yet, or tried to push a lot of heavy gear with them (but I need my Jets for doubles and deco bottles, anyway, to reduce the head-heaviness of the rig) but they perform well with all the kicks and don't seem to flex too much. And they are cheap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom